Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Captain_Pants 07-02-2004 04:29 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Quote:

Interestingly enough, the drums *aren't* live - I specifically put them together and programmed them so they would sound as like a real drummer as possible, and in your case, it appears to have worked.

Can I gloat?

I knew they were MIDI. They are done very well; but I just noticed the dynamics/sound were the same for each piece of drumkit, and assumed they were 'fake' drums.

Great track, put together real nice, Ive been listening to it for several days now in my playlist at work. Good Job!

=-Ben

Roy Howell 07-02-2004 05:53 PM

Guit4brains...Joe...Thanks.......

Guit,
For drums on 'Bigfoot', I used a bunch of my own samples in ReDrum, and some on their own audio tracks. I did indeed use Ambience on the snare...so thanks again for the tip...
Chris Cavell did a great job mastering it, in my opinion. Thanks for the comments.
-Roy

Back to listen in a while...

Roy Howell 07-02-2004 08:44 PM

chucktoledo,
'Take Five'.....very cool...I love the Latin style percussion(is this Reason?)...sax sounds fantastic. You did a very good job on this...
-Roy

Chris Cavell 07-02-2004 10:41 PM

ChuckToledo,

I really dig the rendition of Brubeck's 'Take Five'...taking it in a seriously latin direction and totally maintaining respect for the title of the tune!

Not a bad job at all of covering the number one best selling jazz single of all time...a truly difficult task to pull off musically...being such a well known song, expectations were high for me, but you met them with this arrangement...and the interlude is very cool too!

Cheers,
Chris

Eddie D 07-03-2004 12:39 AM

Hi all,

Really diggin some of the stuff you guys put on here. I dont play in a band nor do I play any instruments, just have a little project studio and tryin to better my engineering skills. Tryin to record all types of music, dip my hand in anything that comes my way Well I have been pretty fortunate so far as recording talent goes. This jazz tune here is a musician from the group Midnight Star, and is also my instructor at school, so I got pretty lucky to add his name to my resume of people I have been able to record. Another is a guy named Monty Burns who is pretty big in the Cincinatti rap scene, he just won the Cincinnati Idiol. Hopefully you guys can check these two songs out and give me some feedback on these two tracks.

Touch (smooth jazz)
Uh oh (Rap)

Not sure about the quality (mp3s) http://briefcase.yahoo.com/sportzzz2003

Thanks
Eddie D

Aussie169 07-03-2004 06:22 AM

chucktoledo
Take Five in 4/4. That's an interesting idea. Nice playing and recording. Sax sounds a bit honky for my taste. Recording process, not playing. How did you record it?
Are the drums midi? Nice programming if they are.

Eddie
Nice recordings. The bottom end on the rap track is a bit "splatty" in my cans through the computer soundcard.
Everything else is nace and clean.

I like touch. There's not a lot of people doing smooth jazz.
Check out Dave Duffus. He's a good mate of mine, and another smooth jazz sax artist.

Aussie169 07-03-2004 06:26 AM

I posted this earlier but it looks like it got burried.

OK, I'll throw this to the wolves.
Just a rough mix. Arrangement not set yet. A few SNAFU's in the bass line.
Looking for comments before I go any further.
Link in signature below.
Thanks

Roy Howell 07-03-2004 09:22 AM

Mark,
'Roundabout' is very cool...nice mix, guitars and drums sound good, and Brenda sounds great as usual. So this is what you needed a V8 engine for, eh?... ...I like it...cool song indeed.
-Roy

Eddie D 07-03-2004 04:27 PM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for checking out the tunes and commenting:). Your stuff is very cool this is the second tune I have heard from you and they both are great. When I recorded the rap track the music bed was already laid so there wasnt much I could do with the bass line to tighten it up. Ty for the link to Dave Duffus, I love Blonde in Jupiter, nothing like a relaxing smooth jazz song to set off the day or even to chill in the car on a hot summer night. Awesome stuff ty again.

Eddie D

scottedog 07-03-2004 05:44 PM

Bobo's Oboe

All Is Fair in Love and War

This is the first stuff out of my PT set up, so if I could lean on your experience...

Thanks, guys.

....apologies for the vocals, I'm no singer but at least you get the idea.