Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Dock not remembering an assignment (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=411496)

smallstonefan 08-12-2020 06:19 AM

Dock not remembering an assignment

Hi all,

I am running a pair of S1s with tablets and a Dock with a tablet.

I like to set the fader for the Dock to control a master fader feeding my mix bus (to control the amount I'm feeding the limiter).

It works great when it's set, the problem is it forgets this setting all the time and I can't figure out why.

Do any of you know how to make sure this "sticks"?

https://www.jamesfoxall.com/images/p...assignment.jpg

PS: Sorry for the big pictures - this was captured on a 4k monitor... :eek:

OAG 08-17-2020 04:00 AM

Re: Dock not remembering an assignment

Not working for me either.

Whether I set it in Eucon or on the Layout page on the tablet, the Dock fader is always auto-assigned to selected track.

smallstonefan 08-17-2020 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OAG (Post 2575197)
Not working for me either.

Whether I set it in Eucon or on the Layout page on the tablet, the Dock fader is always auto-assigned to selected track.

Starting to sound like a bug...

Lynn Gräber 08-17-2020 07:03 AM

Are you saving the layout, then saving the layout in your Pro Tools template?

EddieJones 08-17-2020 09:56 AM

Its working for me on Windows and the latest code. I do see another bug though in that the popup track block, doesnt, until you attention another track, then it works with the assigned track correctly. What version of EuControl are you on?

smallstonefan 08-17-2020 06:54 PM

hmmm, I was a bit confused by softkey saving and layout saving.

Let me try what you suggested...

OAG 08-18-2020 07:41 AM

Hi all.

I've just pulled up a project where I had saved the Dock fader with a specific channel. I recalled the layout with this applied and there was no change to the Dock selection from how it presented on load. It was still set to the current selected channel on the DAW. And it follows any subsequent selections.

To me that says it thinks it's doing something, but it isn't.

Eddie, would you mind explaining what you mean by "the popup track block doesn't"?

I'm on Eucon 4.6.2x3 on Mac.

EddieJones 08-18-2020 09:16 AM

When you touch the Dock Fader you get a popup Track block above it with whatever Track is being controlled by it. This can be different to the attention Track name which is there too. If you haven't attentioned a track yet this popup block doesn't work, thats all. Once you attention anything the popup block pops up correctly.

OAG 08-18-2020 09:28 AM

Thanks Eddie.

I'll keep an eye out for that. Separate to the issue I'm having problems with, as you say.

FWIW:
On my system, when I load a project, even though a channel appears to be selected, nothing appears on the Dock channel until I invoke a layout. At that point the Dock channel displays (what I think was) the last selected (and saved in that layout) channel, as the system now changes the DAW-highlighted channel to a new one. Touching the fader shows the correct pop on Avid Control on the Dock.

Sorry,. That's a lot of "channel"s... :-)

Cheers.

OAG 08-18-2020 10:55 AM

Actually Eddie....

I think this is the same issue. Or my issue is not actually happening, it just looks like it is and therefore is your issue?

In other words..

I had just been watching the selected channel display on the tablet which wasn't changing when it should.

But.. if I touch the fader every time I change a layout (from the User 1-4 buttons), then the correct channel appears where it's been allocated when that layout is invoked.

So the issue is the system display not following the programmed function, rather than the action not actually happening.

Can you check that Smallstonefan?