Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Is my system using my Black Lion Audio Digi192 Word Clock? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=413438)

Tziolas 12-31-2020 03:16 PM

Is my system using my Black Lion Audio Digi192 Word Clock?

2 Attachment(s)
Bought myself a little Christmas present from the Black Lion Audio elves. A Digi192 with the XB upgrade option.

System as is: Digi192 connected with convertor cable from back of primary port to back of Thunderbolt HDNative Core mini Port 1. Imac 5k Running Pro Tools Ulitmate.

My question: Which Clock Source am I using on the screens below. It picked up the 192 no problem but then clock source says "Internal" or the option of "word clock 96khz". With Clock Source being right under the HD Native Thunderbolt Port 1...that is probably the HDNative clock source correct ???

The XB clock is supposed to really be amazing, just want to make sure I am actually using it.

Thanks again for any help guys!

Top Jimmy 12-31-2020 05:06 PM

Re: Is my system using my Black Lion Audio Digi192 Word Clock?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tziolas (Post 2588987)
Which Clock Source am I using on the screens below. It picked up the 192 no problem but then clock source says "Internal" or the option of "word clock 96khz". With Clock Source being right under the HD Native Thunderbolt Port 1...that is probably the HDNative clock source correct ???

Did BLA not provide instructions on how to use their clock?

From what I know of their 002 mod, they wired their clock into the word input meaning the user has to choose to use the word clock input as the clock source to use the BLA clocking.

Tziolas 01-03-2021 07:33 PM

Thanks for the reply. I bought it used so no instructions.

Great idea though! I will contact BLA tomorrow. I can't be the first guy to have a question about this.

Thanks again!

Guy McDude 01-05-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tziolas (Post 2588987)
Bought myself a little Christmas present from the Black Lion Audio elves. A Digi192 with the XB upgrade option.

System as is: Digi192 connected with convertor cable from back of primary port to back of Thunderbolt HDNative Core mini Port 1. Imac 5k Running Pro Tools Ulitmate.

My question: Which Clock Source am I using on the screens below. It picked up the 192 no problem but then clock source says "Internal" or the option of "word clock 96khz". With Clock Source being right under the HD Native Thunderbolt Port 1...that is probably the HDNative clock source correct ???

The XB clock is supposed to really be amazing, just want to make sure I am actually using it.

Thanks again for any help guys!

Im assuming you got the BLA convertors and clock upgrade?

If so, and its your only I/O, I think you just set clock source to internal.
just as you would if it were a stock Digi interface.

unless I misread and you have the BLA micro clock external WC generator box, then hook it up to your interface, and pick external as your source.

Dan IceWood 01-06-2021 01:12 PM

INTERNAL.........

the XB modes to the internal config of the 192.

select internal and get on with it ;-)

Mojosound 01-02-2022 03:26 PM

How does the 192 upgrade sound. I’m still using the original digi 192 HD3 system. I was considering this upgrade or their XB word clock?