Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs1 Update (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=145071)

Avid 08-23-2005 07:30 PM

Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs1 Update

The following Pro Tools TDM CS update is available from the Support->Downloads->Index of CS Fixes:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/cs/

Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs1 for HD Systems on Windows XP
Updates Pro Tools TDM 6.9, 6.9.1, or 6.9.3 software to Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs1 for Windows XP

What's Fixed in Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3.cs1 for Windows XP?

Fixed: The Key Command Sequence for Fine-Tuning Automation Breakpoints Had Changed (Item # 65387)
• The "fine-tune breakpoint" Control key functionality has now been restored to the pre-Pro Tools 6.9 behavior. The key command for "Write Level Constrained to Next Breakpoint" (new to 6.9) has been changed from "Control-click" to "Alt-Shift-click." The key command for "Write Level Constrained to Previous Breakpoint" remains "Control-Alt-click."

Fixed: After Several Hours Of Continuous Working, Pro Tools Could Slow Down Or Stop Responding (Item # 58423)
• A low-memory condition could be created by repeated stops and starts over a several hour period, causing the slowdown, or eventual crash.

Fixed: When Using Mojo Or V|10, "Not Responding" Errors Could Result In Having To Force Quit (Item # 66959)
• Working continuously for as little as 30 minutes could cause this error.

Fixed: When Using Serial Timecode, Pro Tools Would Sometimes Lock with an Offset When Using a Tascam DA-98 (Item # 64636)
• The Tascam DA-98's servo lock bit behavior would cause Pro Tools to think the DA-98 was servo locked before it actually was. This would cause inconsistency when Pro Tools locked to serial timecode generated from a DA-98 or other devices with this same servo lock bit behavior.

Fixed: A ProControl Fader Could Sometimes Lose Communication with Pro Tools while Writing Automation (Item #61458)
• While writing automation, a ProControl fader could lose communication with Pro Tools, resulting in no automation written for the time the lapse occurred.

bigdude 08-26-2005 07:08 PM

Re: Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs1 Update

after installing this cs update, protools says:
protools 6.9.3:protools.exe - unable to locate component
this application has failed to start because vedioif.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix the problem

tried reinstalling the cs update and still get the error
any ideas?
thanks in advance!

UnkleMik 09-07-2005 06:03 PM

I'm getting the same problem. Did you hear from Digi or find anything out?
I don't know how many TDM users on PC there are out there. Are you a Beta tester?
<M>

audio1420 09-07-2005 06:55 PM

I have the 6.9.3cs1 installed and dont have any problems...GOODLUCK.

bigdude 09-08-2005 12:54 PM

hi guys
i still have this problem and have not heard anything from digi on it
i click ok when i get the error and protools continues to load and work fine
just kind of a pain
nope, i'm not a beta tester either
thanks!

DigiTechSupt 09-08-2005 02:33 PM

I'm sorry we don't have any specific info on how to fix this.

I think the best thing to do would be to uninstall and reinstall Pro Tools and the update, to see if that clears up the problem.

JCT Audio Designs 09-09-2005 11:13 AM

Has anyone tried reinstalling the whole program yet?

JCT Audio Designs 09-09-2005 05:09 PM

Just letting everyone know, reinstalling everything from scratch does not help the "unable to locate component this application has failed to start because vedioif.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix the problem" Error. Whats next??

Rock_Artist 09-11-2005 12:00 AM

I've had 6.9, ran 6.9.3cs1 installer it requested uninstalling 6.9, i've uninstalled it , ran 6.9.3 and it works. cannot reproduce your problem sorry .

MDog 09-11-2005 11:02 AM

I installed 6.9.3cs 1 right over 6.9 and it didn't ask me to uninstall. Starts up fine for me, and apart from some strange graphic glitches it seems to work fine so far. I'm still using WinXP SP1.