Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why Core Audio limitation for HD interface ? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=176697)

Paul S-Tone 09-10-2006 10:43 AM

Why Core Audio limitation for HD interface ?

Hi , it is little time that i have bought HD system i'm very very happy for my new PT system but i'm

also logic user for many time and i don't like work with logic tdm , but with Core Audio , and i

have to put all my analog out into my Hardware Mixer Console .

So , sincerly i can't understand limitations like this :

Why the Core Audio driver or Asio for HD interface still work only with 8 in/out ?

I have spold much money for N°2 192 i/o + extra for 32 out and 16 analog in , unfortunately i see

only 8in/out in the core audio .

It is Digidesign politic to will force this limitation ?

I hope Digidesign will to remove soon this inexplicable limitation !

Perphas i can understand made limitation on LE system , but for HD interface NO of sure , cannot

understand !

All there excuse me for my english and for my angry , but in any case Digidesign get my total

disappoint !

all the best

Paul

PT 7.2 HD3 PCIe 2x 192 I/O - Logic Pro 7

Sam Amato 09-11-2006 06:16 AM

Re: Why Core Audio limitation for HD interface ?

You are absolutely right! This has been a problem for me in the past when trying to route audio from Digital Performer to Pro Tools HD. I do not understand this limitation either. Digi, any explanation?

Paul S-Tone 09-11-2006 08:47 AM

I think not is only my problem !

I have start my experience with Digidesign in the end of 2005 with one Mbox2 (with know limitations but ok for PT LE ) , just for see if protools 7 was a program that I could understand , and replace
partially my work with Logic Pro .
Enthusiastic of the new PT 7 LE with know limitations , i have decided to buy one new HD system
for having the best system of the world whitout limitations ! .
When i've understand that the Core Audio work only with 8 in/out ,
is fallen one mountain on my body

Whitout any joke , sincerly i hope this limitations is removed soon ! .

Paul

crizdee 09-11-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Whitout any joke , sincerly i hope this limitations is removed soon ! .

Paul

Hi,

It is not a deliberate restriction or limitation!

Unfortunately Digidesign have explained numerous times on this forum that is simply not possible to enable Coreaudio to access more than 8 i/o! unless an enormous amount of re-designing is done to the interfaces & PCI cards! its just this hardware is designed specifically to work with Pro tools and their hardware setup.

Anyway, why would you not want to use the DAE audio engine in Logic for your serious recording and mixing work? it's far superior and the TDM plugins are in another league

Chris

Seeee 09-11-2006 11:11 AM

why not use logic with tdm?

I dont understand. you can route from logic into logic tdm right?

if you just want a good couple of interfaces and no tdm within logic then you wasted money.

25ghosts 09-11-2006 04:17 PM

IMO - having digi pro interfaces like 192 and tdm hardware calls for using with protools software...Not only is PT 7.2 superiour to to logic in any thinkable way.... Unless u b Drawing your drum beats and piano lines in the logic matrix midi editor...

I used to be a "DUMB ASSSS" - i had tdm hardware for 6 years running it on logic....Then I was forced to leave logic cuz Logic's automatic delay compensation is a Joke.... After 3 weeks in protools I was like " NO WAY" I felt soooooooo stupid that I had never taken the time to learn protools...Not that the learning takes long at all... U can compare it like this: Logic is a PC - Protools is a MAC.... And if you have used both platforms you know which one is the better - itjuuuuu - Bless you

25ghosts 09-11-2006 04:18 PM

IMO - having digi pro interfaces like 192 and tdm hardware calls for using with protools software...Not only is PT 7.2 superiour to to logic in any thinkable way.... Unless u b Drawing your drum beats and piano lines in the logic matrix midi editor...

I used to be a "DUMB ASSSS" - i had tdm hardware for 6 years running it on logic....Then I was forced to leave logic cuz Logic's automatic delay compensation is a Joke.... After 3 weeks in protools I was like " NO WAY" I felt soooooooo stupid that I had never taken the time to learn protools...Not that the learning takes long at all... U can compare it like this: Logic is a PC - Protools is a MAC.... And if you have used both platforms you know which one is the better - itjuuuuu - Bless you

PS : Why do u buy a Protools HD system if u dont work with TDM....this to me sounds like you dealer and you had a major misunderstanding.....Or do u push your own car instead of letting the engine do the work?

Paul S-Tone 09-12-2006 03:15 PM

hehehe , perphas there no understand well :

All time i work with TDM , Protools 7 and i LOVE it !

my disappoind it is simple for the HD interface Core Audio limitations intentional or not !

Some time i need to use also the Core Audio with more of 8 analog out .

Therefore if the Digidesign Core Audio had more in and out , i could work with mine 192, without

buy others audio interfaces .

P.S. i don't like Logic in tdm my preference i'ts work with PT software !

some time Logic Pro i use only for open the old song when i need !

This is all !

Thanks for the support