Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Len Grantham 04-24-2009 08:35 PM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!
 
I just finished a small project for a local cover band.

Java Junkees on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

The toms on all 4 songs are SSD.On "Just What I Needed" and "Rain On The Scarecrow"
I also used SSD kick & snare.

Oh, the guitars are all Waves GTR and Digi's Eleven.

It was all pretty much recorded in a couple of takes then overdubs for a couple of guitar leads and vocals.

Thanks,
Len

Keybeeetsss 04-25-2009 09:51 AM

Re: Let's hear your latest stuff....right here
 
Hey DUC'sters, So I hardly update my Myspace Page but I decided to change the music on it finally after a yr or 2... Go & check out the pieces @ ur leisure... Nuthin spectacular but they're nicse though(I think)...Stylus lovers will really like the "Cold Piece On'Eim" trk.

Anyways, check it...

jpitcairn 04-28-2009 05:10 AM

Re: Let's hear your latest stuff....right here
 
Hey there. This is my first post on the DUC. I recorded three track demo for a local band for my college portfolio. My first real recording/mixing work. What do you think of them? any advice to making them better.

http://www.myspace.com/unafiori

Stixxs 04-28-2009 06:17 PM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Len Grantham (Post 1388848)
I just finished a small project for a local cover band.

Java Junkees on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

The toms on all 4 songs are SSD.On "Just What I Needed" and "Rain On The Scarecrow"
I also used SSD kick & snare.

Oh, the guitars are all Waves GTR and Digi's Eleven.

It was all pretty much recorded in a couple of takes then overdubs for a couple of guitar leads and vocals.

Thanks,
Len

Sounds nice!...really dig the kick.

Sorry...SSD???

Another question, do you have to get any kind of OK to post covers on My Space???

wilrock 04-28-2009 08:05 PM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!
 
hello Ben I am new in the community and nOt been able to even enter directly forum for that reason i ask the question directly if you can help me, my question: I have a Digi 002 and I finish pasSINg of protool 7.1.1 to prottool 8 and when I Open the archives and they open incomplete to which does Not open some tracks to me Nor instruments.

wilrock 04-28-2009 09:38 PM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!
 
hello I am new in the community and nOt been able to even enter directly forum for that reason i ask the question directly if you can help me, my question: I have a Digi 002 and I finish pasSINg of protool 7.1.1 to prottool 8 and when I Open the archives and they open incomplete to which does Not open some tracks to me Nor instruments.

Len Grantham 04-29-2009 07:20 PM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stixxs (Post 1390468)
Sounds nice!...really dig the kick.

Sorry...SSD???

Another question, do you have to get any kind of OK to post covers on My Space???

Sorry, I haven't been here in a couple of days. I think to be legal you would have to get permission. I know of a couple of local bands that have cover tunes on their myspace or website. Personally, as long as they're not trying to sell it, I don't see it any different than clicking on someones personal myspace and they have a song by a big artist playing.

Len

Whalter 05-05-2009 03:28 AM

Re: Let's hear your latest stuff....right here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpitcairn (Post 1390124)
Hey there. This is my first post on the DUC. I recorded three track demo for a local band for my college portfolio. My first real recording/mixing work. What do you think of them? any advice to making them better.

http://www.myspace.com/unafiori

Hello, welcome to the forum, I just had a listen to your stuff.

It's not at all bad for your first work, Ive recorded a lot of bands with a similar sound to this (I had to record a band that sounded much like that for one of my college projects actually!)

Modern Rock, Metal and Pop (and to be honest most modern music) all heavily rely on compression and I think that's what this track could do with a lot more of.

I record a lot of rock and punk type music myself and what I do is create a bus with an insanely heavy compressor on it, then send pretty much every to it, really hammer the dynamics out of everything, then blend it in with your original tracks (some of which you may want to compress too)

Try experimenting with layering compressed and uncompressed tracks.

The latest stuff I recorded you can hear on my myspace link below.

The top 3 songs were recorded live and have a much rawer sound, the tracks below that were multi tracked and so sound much more produced and "commercial".

I actually have a new mix of the top 3 songs that sounds much better, but I needed to get a version up a few weeks ago as we needed to update the myspace for a promoter.

You can get an idea of the kind of sound that i'm talking about though.

Hope that helps, and good luck with future work!

C.

music project 05-05-2009 08:23 AM

A rock band i recorded in my studio
 
band name : SnapShot

have a listen: http://www.esnips.com/PlaylistAction...7-74394c562a6a

if it does not work at first, just refresh

recorded mixed and mastered in my studio.

protools LE 8

my studio :

gear: http://www.musicproject.co.il/Sitefiles/1/21/6574.asp


gallery : http://www.musicproject.co.il/SiteFiles/1/14/1415.asp

tell me what you think ...

Wango 05-08-2009 04:18 AM

Re: A rock band i recorded in my studio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by music project (Post 1393583)
band name : SnapShot

have a listen: http://www.esnips.com/PlaylistAction...7-74394c562a6a

if it does not work at first, just refresh

recorded mixed and mastered in my studio.

protools LE 8

my studio :

gear: http://www.musicproject.co.il/Sitefiles/1/21/6574.asp


gallery : http://www.musicproject.co.il/SiteFiles/1/14/1415.asp

tell me what you think ...

MUSIC_PROJECT - these sound fantastic. Very clean and ballsy.
How long has your studio been up and running?

Are you laying down any of the tracks or just doing the engineering?

Well done.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com