Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Get Grabber tool (Object) as part of smart tool? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=248317)

buckaroo 06-18-2009 03:18 AM

Get Grabber tool (Object) as part of smart tool?

I can't seem to get the Object part of the Grabber tool to stay on when i select the smart tool?

I just want a quick way of grabbing lots of regions for arranging but it defaults to the hand(time) tool??

BradLyons 06-18-2009 03:35 AM

Re: Get Grabber tool (Object) as part of smart tool?

Are you saying that it won't stay selected as part of the (3) boxes, or it doesn't seem to show up when you move the mouse over a clip?

buckaroo 06-18-2009 03:55 AM

It won't stay selected as part of the (3) boxes in the smart tool?

BradLyons 06-18-2009 05:58 AM

But the other boxes, do?

suicune 06-18-2009 06:07 AM

Yes for some reason the grabber tool cannot be used as part of the smart tool. I don't know why, perhaps it's something to do with the trim tool as PT won't trim multiple regions to different trim points (other than using nudge trim).

There doesn't seem to be any way around it I'm afraid. I tend to just stick with using the F6/F7/F8 keys rather than rely on the smart tool.

BradLyons 06-18-2009 08:46 AM

Would you please email me a copy of the session file? My email is [email protected] -or- [email protected] and I'll see if I can do it on my system.

tonwurm 06-18-2009 09:18 AM

so far I know the grabber tool doesn´t stay in the smrt tool - at least with my system ;-)

I made a quickey, so I can switch with a keystroke between the grabber tool and the smart tool. that´s at least faster than selecting the grabber tool (hitting 3 times F8) - so I have only to hit one keystroke for the grabber tool and another one kestroke for getting back the smart-tool

I´ve done the same with the tce-trimmer

it would be perfect if the grabber tool can be stick in the smart-tool (I don´t understand why there is this limitation)

ehausler 07-13-2010 04:06 AM

Hi,
love the object grabber too.
There is a way: after choosing the smart tool, right click (with the mouse pointer over the grabber tool) and choose the object grabber. Ta-da:-)

tonwurm 07-13-2010 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehausler (Post 1636554)
Hi,
love the object grabber too.
There is a way: after choosing the smart tool, right click (with the mouse pointer over the grabber tool) and choose the object grabber. Ta-da:-)

thanks for your reply - but it doesn´t work

works only with the 1st and the 2nd object-tool, the 3rd tool (the object grabber) isn´t available

maybe a restriction of 8.0.1 (last version for ppc) ???