Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Question about the Mbox Micro (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=221158)

jpoprock 05-06-2008 08:16 AM

Question about the Mbox Micro

Hey all. I have a question about the Micro that I can't seem to find clarification on. My apologies if I didn't catch the answer when I did a DUC search.

I know the Micro doesn't have an input for recording. But surely that doesn't mean that you can't record arm a track and re-amp tracks, or things like that right? Just because you can't send signal to PTLE, doesn't mean that you can record internally right?

I want one of these things for mixing away from the studio. I'm also considering the Mbox Mini, since it's not that much more, and gives me a "just in case" option for recording. I'd rather find one used to be honest. Actually, any Mbox will do if I only want the ability to launch PTLE and mix. I won't be doing it on a laptop though. It will be another Mac at a different location, so providing power to an Mbox of some kind is no problem for me.

Thanks!
Jason

citi 05-06-2008 09:04 AM

Re: Question about the Mbox Micro

You are correct. You can do everything in this little box but record external audio. I have one and love it. As far as the mini, I thought about it too but than realized that I don't bring my guitar when I travel and I'm not going to bring my 1000$ mic just to see it break on accident, plus my good preamp is in the studio. The thing is so small I take it everywhere. I save the real tracking for the studio.

jpoprock 05-06-2008 09:37 AM

Cool. That's about all I needed to hear then! I found one of these new for $209! But haven't purchased it yet. Digi is selling a bundle for $350 that includes a lanyard and a pair of Maudio IE-10 headphones. That's not a bad little bundle really. However, I have a set of Bose Tri-port In Ears that sound really good, so I really don't need the IE-10's. That Micro for $209 sounds like the way to go.

J

jpoprock 05-06-2008 09:42 AM

Does the Micro come with 7.4? Or 7.3 with the option to upgrade?

J

DigiTechSupt 05-06-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

J

Most likely it will come with 7.3 and you can get a free update to 7.4 once you register.

stoneinapond 05-06-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

J

Most likely it will come with 7.3 and you can get a free update to 7.4 once you register.

I bought one a couple of months ago. It came with 7.4. I think it depends on a dealers stock and how new it is.

jpoprock 05-06-2008 10:23 AM

Even though I found it for $209 plus $15 shipping, I think I'm going to just call my buddy at Sweetwater and order it for $249 and free shipping. They are only like 90 minutes from me, and I'll get it like tomorrow!

So I'll just ask him what it comes with.

j

nunuk 05-06-2008 10:36 AM

what about using usb mics with PT and micro, is it possible?

nunuk 05-06-2008 10:36 AM

Slim Shady 05-06-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

No.