Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   PlayCell is just an empty black window [XUJAM-190] (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=424019)

tonyw7 03-25-2023 06:04 AM

PlayCell is just an empty black window [XUJAM-190]

Has anyone encountered a problem with playcell?
I installed PT latest update along with the both downloads of playcell via avid link.

When I insert playcell I get an empty black window.
All my other virtual instruments work fine after this update.

Mac pro 2013
Monterey latest update.

Ben Jenssen 03-25-2023 07:11 AM

Re: playcell

Me too.
I'm guessing it has to do with ilok license missing. But then, we should be getting a ilok error, not a black window.

I have Groovecell and Synthcell licenses in ilok manager, I think they were just placed there when they came out, I activated synthcell back then, and it worked. It still works. I'm guessing it might be the same w/Playcell, and they just forgot to give us the licenses. Looked for anything on avid.com, without any luck.

tonyw7 03-25-2023 07:30 AM

I am sure Avid will fix this.
Thanks for the reply

Benny_Cha_Cha 03-25-2023 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyw7 (Post 2665840)
Has anyone encountered a problem with playcell?
I installed PT latest update along with the both downloads of playcell via avid link.

When I insert playcell I get an empty black window.
All my other virtual instruments work fine after this update.

Mac pro 2013
Monterey latest update.

Yes same issue here. Just a black box. I also suspect the lack of an iLok asset, like the other “cell” VIs have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its2loud 03-25-2023 08:31 AM

FYI

PlayCell Palette Series

PlayCell graphics are not loading, and plugin presets are not writing. (XUJAM-190) This issue has been identified as an intermittent permissions issue and a fix is in the works which will be posted ASAP. Current workaround:
Delete the ~/Users/XXX/Documents/Pro Tools/Plug-In Settings/PlayCell folder
Launch PT and insert PlayCell, close
Reinstall Palette Series

Ben Jenssen 03-25-2023 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its2loud (Post 2665864)
FYI

PlayCell Palette Series

PlayCell graphics are not loading, and plugin presets are not writing. (XUJAM-190) This issue has been identified as an intermittent permissions issue and a fix is in the works which will be posted ASAP. Current workaround:
Delete the ~/Users/XXX/Documents/Pro Tools/Plug-In Settings/PlayCell folder
Launch PT and insert PlayCell, close
Reinstall Palette Series

Thanks for the fix. Worked very nicely.
(Except the Palette installer has some strange behaviours; no installer window on launch, progress bar looks like it's freezing before completing. Looks a bit half-done.)

WorldStudios 03-25-2023 08:56 AM

I have the same problem and will try the workaround.

WorldStudios 03-25-2023 09:42 AM

I got it to work with the workaround described above. It is not totally useless, but clearly aimed at getting some quick results with very limited resources and editing possibilities. A beginners toy, basically.

smurfyou 03-25-2023 10:53 AM

So this isn't a modern Sample Cell? :rolleyes:

albee1952 03-25-2023 12:12 PM

Good question re SampleCell. Guessing the graphics issue is only on the Mac side as it works fine here on Windows 11:o