Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   7.3 Will Not Run On My Machine At Alll! HELLLLP!!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=183620)

PJJames 12-06-2006 08:16 PM

7.3 Will Not Run On My Machine At Alll! HELLLLP!!!

Ok I'm pretty pissed...I've had to downgrade back to 7.1.1 and my sessions run fine now. I repaired permission on both my drives, installed the Music Production Tookit for 7.3, and did everything the site said to do. Why can I run my session on my computer? As I said, I dont have much ram and this could be it...but is anyone else having this issue? Pro Tools will boot up, but when my sessions open...it will not playback at all...it just freezes and I have to Force Quit to get rid of Pro Tools...it's pretty awful and I havent been reading that anyone has a similar issue. So if someone at Digidesign could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it after spending money on this upgrade...thank you.

tha k man 12-06-2006 08:22 PM

Re: 7.3 Will Not Run On My Machine At Alll! HELLLLP!!!

Maybe a little less swearing, and your system details instead, and we might be able to help you out.
7.3 running here on 2 Macs just fine (Intel, and non Intel).

PJJames 12-06-2006 09:48 PM

Re: 7.3 Will Not Run On My Machine At Alll! HELLP

Sorry pal, didnt know pissed was a swear word. I have a 2.0 Core Duo Macbook, with only 512mb or ram...i know it's not enough so thats what I'm thinking it could be the issue here. Let me know what you guys think. Like I said though, it runs fine in 7.1.1...with a few little burps here and there. But in 7.3 no way, just toally chokes...wont even play down, just freezes. Thanks.

football2 12-07-2006 03:55 AM

Quote:

Maybe a little less swearing

There is no swearing in his post. What are you talking about?

Plectrum 12-07-2006 08:01 AM

Quote:

Maybe a little less swearing, and your system details instead, and we might be able to help you out.

[bleep] off

Music Guru 12-07-2006 09:01 AM

Here's something I've never understood: Why, when users post that something like the 7.3 update doesn't work on their system, others that have it working fine become snobby and have attitude and don't believe the users that are having trouble. 7.3 is working fine on my system BUT there are obviously multiple users who are having issues. This forum is here to help not hinder. Let's help the poor guy and not piss him off more! It can be really frustrating when several thousand dollars worth of equipment doesn't work properly.

flommer 12-07-2006 10:22 AM

There are updaters for digi and bomb factory plugins as well. Every time someone complains about their software crashing, Digi seems to bring up the question of if their plugs are updated so check that out too.

Is there anywhere on the digi site that makes it COMPREHENSIVELY clear which updates need to be applied to get EVERYTHING compatible with 7.3?

I hadn't heard about the update for MPT until I read this thread...

DigiTechSupt 12-07-2006 10:36 AM

Here's the link to the Pro Tools 7 compatibility grid - all plug ins MUST be the minimum specified or you will very likely have problems in Pro Tools.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...n=news_details

Also, have you tried all the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting thread yet, specifically trashing preference and database files?

Skyflash 12-07-2006 10:50 AM

Re: 7.3 Will Not Run On My Machine At Alll! HELLLL

If I read correctly, you're using a Core 2 Duo?
Although the processor is qualified for 7.1.1
it's possible that it's not officially supported
for 7.3 yet. I would check with Digi and find out
whats up.

I'm sure they'll have a CS update out ASAP. It's unfortunate
but don't loose all hope. Macs are a major platform and Digi
will be behind it 100%. the Core 2 Duo's just came out and
was probably right in the middle of the beta cycle with not
enough time to test them.

I can understand the frustration having paid for the upgrade
and not being able to use it. hopefully there will be a fix
out for it soon. Hang in there.

tha k man 12-10-2006 09:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

[bleep] off

Good on you mate... you've really offered a lot of help there.