Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Buy & Sell (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   WTB: PT 10 HD license(iLok transfer only) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=341452)

sidetracker 07-07-2013 11:56 PM

WTB: PT 10 HD license(iLok transfer only)

Anyone selling their PT 10 HD license for iLok transfer only? Please PM me your price. Thanks! :D

crizdee 07-08-2013 12:37 AM

Re: WTB: PT 10 HD license(iLok transfer only)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidetracker (Post 2060131)
Anyone selling their PT 10 HD license for iLok transfer only? Please PM me your price. Thanks! :D

Hi,

You cannot transfer HD licenses on their own! They can only be sold and transferred via Avid transfer of ownership form and then contact Avid for approval to transfer the ilok auth.

Chris

sidetracker 07-08-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crizdee (Post 2060136)
Hi,

You cannot transfer HD licenses on their own! They can only be sold and transferred via Avid transfer of ownership form and then contact Avid for approval to transfer the ilok auth.

Chris

Does this apply to HD licenses only? I've seen other ads here that they are only willing to do a transaction via iLok transfer. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=339837
Thanks for the info :confused:

sunburst79 07-08-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidetracker (Post 2060139)
Does this apply to HD licenses only? I've seen other ads here that they are only willing to do a transaction via iLok transfer. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=339837
Thanks for the info :confused:

Non HD licenses may be freely transferred through iLok.

ejwells 07-08-2013 10:56 AM

Also, there's no longer the option of putting an HD license on a new iLok, and ejecting the new iLok from one's account with the license on it.

sidetracker 07-08-2013 08:14 PM

Okay... Thanks for the info :-)

Ness75 07-09-2013 11:15 AM

Hi everyone, Just in order to be clear, is it possible to buy a PT 10 HD license to someone and to be the legal "owner" of this version ?
Thanks for your answer

I can imagine two scenarios :

1) The seller hasn't registered the license. Then no problem, just buy it and install it. Am I right ?

2) The license is registered. Then we have first to ask to avid to "accept" the transfer ? Right ?

Once again, thanks for your answer

crizdee 07-09-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness75 (Post 2060807)
Hi everyone, Just in order to be clear, is it possible to buy a PT 10 HD license to someone and to be the legal "owner" of this version ?
Thanks for your answer

I can imagine two scenarios :

1) The seller hasn't registered the license. Then no problem, just buy it and install it. Am I right ?

2) The license is registered. Then we have first to ask to avid to "accept" the transfer ? Right ?

Once again, thanks for your answer

Hi,

HD licenses are tied to the hardware they were sold with!! you can transfer a registered HD system hardware and license using the transfer of ownership form, then you will get authorisation for the ilok auth to be moved to the new owner.

HD licenses cannot be sold on their own! this has always been in the EULA of HD systems.

Chris

Marco Bernardo 07-09-2013 12:10 PM

HD11 licenses can be transfered from ilok account to ilok account.

If the seller is the owner HD10 license he want yo sell you could buy from him and when you want o make the upgrade to HD11 just call him and arrange a way to make the upgrade.

He could remote control your computer with your authorization, then You create a avid account, register the upgrade with the sellers ilok account, he enters in ilok license manager, surrender the license to your physical ilok HD10 license, test if everything is alright then transfer the license to your ilok account, pay the fees and voila, you have the avid account with HD11 and the license is in your ilok account. Ask him before quit to remove the ilok from his account. You still need a 2nd gen ilok.

To be faster you could make the avid account before he remote control your computer, and install the trial version of Protools HD 11 it doesn't mess with your HD10 installation. This applies to HD9 licenses too.

I use logmein.com is secure.

Regards,

Jantzen 07-11-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Bernardo (Post 2060831)
HD11 licenses can be transfered from ilok account to ilok account.

If the seller is the owner HD10 license he want yo sell you could buy from him and when you want o make the upgrade to HD11 just call him and arrange a way to make the upgrade.

He could remote control your computer with your authorization, then You create a avid account, register the upgrade with the sellers ilok account, he enters in ilok license manager, surrender the license to your physical ilok HD10 license, test if everything is alright then transfer the license to your ilok account, pay the fees and voila, you have the avid account with HD11 and the license is in your ilok account. Ask him before quit to remove the ilok from his account. You still need a 2nd gen ilok.

To be faster you could make the avid account before he remote control your computer, and install the trial version of Protools HD 11 it doesn't mess with your HD10 installation. This applies to HD9 licenses too.

I use logmein.com is secure.

Regards,

Can you confirm HD11 license can be transferred freely? I thought they can't.