Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   PTle <=> Logic Pro (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=135835)

Finne 05-02-2005 10:20 AM

PTle <=> Logic Pro

My frend has a Logic studio, Mac of source. So he has decent drums, mics and place. For acceptable € I can record my drum traks there.

So gurus, how can I transfer my ProTools LE 6.4 WIN session to Logic Pro 6.4.2 MAC and back?

Thank You!

Finne 05-02-2005 11:23 PM

Re: PTle <=> Logic Pro

BUMB.

Anybody?

Cliffy_Boy 05-03-2005 04:27 AM

OMF - Digitranslator but you'll need Logic 7.1 that apparently fixed the OMF/AAF bug

autodidactic 05-03-2005 05:45 AM

If you want to save the 600 bucks (or whatever it is for digitranslator) you could just do this:

Quote:

24.10 Pro Tools to Logic, and Logic to Pro Tools

In exporting files to ProTools there is no need to waste disk space bouncing everything from bar 1. Logic is able to import and export time stamp information via SDII regions. This feature makes the task of moving compositions between applications, such as between Logic Audio and Pro Tools, much simpler, because it allows you to easily restore the time position of a region once its imported. This feature will work with any application that can read and write time stamps to SDII regions. The following procedure is for moving files between Logic Audio and Pro Tools.

Logic to Pro Tools

In Logic:

1. In the Audio window, select the audio files that you wish to export. (If you are moving all the files and regions of a song, simply 'Select All')
2. Select Audio Window > File > Export SDII Regions. Logic will time stamp the regions according to their position in the Arrange window. NOTE: If the same region is used multiple times in the song, then Logic will use the position of the first instance of the region. For this reason, you will generally want to make all regions in your song "individual regions" before starting this procedure. Use Logic's Arrange > Functions > Convert Regions to Individual Regions menu option to perform this task.

In Pro Tools:

1. Add the audio regions using the Import Audio option found in the File or Region List menus
2. Enable 'Spot' mode
3. Drag the regions onto the desired tracks in the Edit Window. When the Time Stamp window appears, load the Original Time Stamp value into the Start Point window and Hit 'OK' .The region will now be located at the same position as it was in Logic Audio.

Pro Tools to Logic

In Pro Tools:

1. Select all the Regions in the Region bin that you wish to export
2. Select "Export Region Definitions" from Region List menu

In Logic:

1. Select Audio Window > File > Add Audio file to add the files that were exported from Pro Tools
2. Select the files you've imported in the Audio window and select File > Import SDII Regions. The regions that now contain time stamped info well show up with small clock icons to the left of their name.
3. Drag the Regions into the Arrange window, onto the desired tracks.
4. With the Regions selected, choose the Functions > Regions to Original Record Position. NOTE: If the region has both an Original and User Time Stamp (see Pro Tools Documentation), then Logic will ask which time stamp you wish to use.

[top] [contents]

This is a section of a very informative Logic FAQ Page If you want to know how to sync Logic and Pro Tools together, then you can check the link.

Hope that helped, cheers

Finne 05-03-2005 07:04 AM

Quote:

Hope that helped, cheers

Yes it does, thanx!