Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Is there a 5.3.1 spiral bound manual... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=66157)

metaltim 08-07-2002 02:56 PM

Is there a 5.3.1 spiral bound manual...

Is there a reference guide for 5.3.1, like the one for 5.1??
I didnt see it in digistore, so I figure they don't have one yet, but wondering when they will make one.
Not that it's that much different from 5.1, but my friend has 5.1, and I'd sell him mine for cheap, if I could get one for 5.3.1..

metaltim 08-08-2002 08:12 AM

Re: Is there a 5.3.1 spiral bound manual...

come on now.. I know talking about a manual is boring....
anyone??
can't go on..
must have manual

bi0force1 08-08-2002 08:17 AM

why dont you print off the manual on the computer?

i dont know the answer to your question but im sure they havn't put one out yet.

Swaphappy 08-08-2002 08:20 AM

Well ok, I'll talk but I don't know anything.
I am under the impression that Digi has not made one yet.
Not even sure there is a pdf other than the Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 Addendum.
But if there was you could take it to Kinko's and get hard copy made. They will even bind it for you.

Bloux 08-08-2002 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Swaphappy:
Well ok, I'll talk but I don't know anything.
I am under the impression that Digi has not made one yet.
Not even sure there is a pdf other than the Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 Addendum.
But if there was you could take it to Kinko's and get hard copy made. They will even bind it for you.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Swap,

I looked into kinkos copying the original manual file 5.1.1, two sided, binded, almost $190 bucks to do those 6oo pages down to 300 double sided. I ended up having my wife do a quick job on her works copy machine.

I now have two big ol' three ring binders with 300 pages in each. Its easier to get on the duc for answers rather than wrestling with those books, (I'll bet the original ten comandments weighed less!)

5.1.1 manual was what, $35 bucks to buy it from digi? how much you think 5.3 will go for? say 50 bucks? who knows! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Captain_Pants 08-08-2002 04:03 PM

Well, Ive seen the 5.3.1 Discs at guitar center in those white cardboard packages they send out, im sure there is a small binder with the 5.3.1 manual in there.

GuitarEasley 08-08-2002 07:13 PM

I too want to make sure I have an updated manuel.

We paid over 500$ for my audiomediacardIII and finally recieved my ToolboxLe around April the 6th 2001. I think I deserve a stinkin' manuel! ...Of course I would settle for a digi001 [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

metaltim 08-09-2002 07:13 AM

yeh actually, the guy that runs the studio i work in also works at a printing plant (I actually worked there too), so if i print it out (I'm thinking printers on campus) I could probly get it spiral bounded for free... but what a pain, and it would be so nice if it could match all my other little green spiral bound books...

DIGI.. is there a sprial bound 5.3.1 bible coming our way????

DigiTechSupt 08-09-2002 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by metaltim:
DIGI.. is there a sprial bound 5.3.1 bible coming our way????
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, Pro Tools LE systems do not include hard copies of the manuals. As a result, your options are as follows:

1-As members have suggested in earlier postes..you may take the CD with the PDF's to a copy center and have them printed (and bound in whatever way you prefer).

2-Assuming you have a printer, you may choose to print out the various sections of the manual(s) as you need them, on your computer.

3-You can order a manual set on our DigiStore at a minimal cost, $35:
http://secure.digidesign.com

This manual set offers all the printed guides that cover the full features of Pro Tools LE Software. The set includes:

-Pro Tools Reference Guide
-DigiRack Plug-Ins Guide
-MIDI Control Surfaces Guide
-Relevant, supplementary, Pro Tools LE documentation
(Manual Addendums, What's New, etc.) "

Brent