Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Tips & Tricks (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Elastic Audio - Relative Pitch Shift of Multiple Clips with Different Pitches (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=418046)

Jcoop 12-03-2021 07:27 AM

Elastic Audio - Relative Pitch Shift of Multiple Clips with Different Pitches

1 Attachment(s)
Heyo,

Does anyone know if there's a way to select multiple clips that each have different elastic audio real-time pitch shift applied and then shift them all relative to their current 'pitch position?'

The scenario - I'm a television music editor. I've been working on a cue for a scene and to make the ending work nicely I've had to change a few things around, add some different stems, pitch this one up, that one down, etc... Anyway, I bring in a cue (set of stems) for the proceeding moment and that works well but the key isn't jiving with the previous cue. If I could pitch this new cue up or down I would, but just by nature of the instruments/sounds used it isn't responding well and its squirrelly after only 1 semitone shift. I need to shift the previous cue, but within that cue there are probably a dozen clips of varying pitch positions.

I've attached a screenshot of what I mean. When you have multiple clips in selection that have different elastic audio pitch positions, it'll have an * in the Pitch Shift field in Elastic Properties. There doesn't seem to be a way to move them all up or down in a relative position. If I try to drag it, or input a new pitch value it just resets them all to the new value.

albee1952 12-03-2021 11:48 AM

Re: Elastic Audio - Relative Pitch Shift of Multiple Clips with Different Pitches

If you commit the pitch changes, then consolidate the set of clips you wish to change, then re-enabling Elastic Pitch will allow you to change all by the same number of semi-tones. I am not aware of any other way to do it. Using Melodyne might give easier control and better-sounding results:o

DetroitT 12-06-2021 05:06 AM

Re: Elastic Audio - Relative Pitch Shift of Multiple Clips with Different Pitches

Try clip group then EA pitch.
Not near a rig to try, so it may or may not work.

Jcoop 12-07-2021 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2621274)
If you commit the pitch changes, then consolidate the set of clips you wish to change, then re-enabling Elastic Pitch will allow you to change all by the same number of semi-tones. I am not aware of any other way to do it. Using Melodyne might give easier control and better-sounding results:o

True, but I would rather not commit the pitch changes until the music has been approved by the client. Also, not sure if you've ever tried pitch shifting a pitch shifted piece of audio, but it doesn't generally respond well :)

Jcoop 12-07-2021 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetroitT (Post 2621502)
Try clip group then EA pitch.
Not near a rig to try, so it may or may not work.

Unfortunately, you cannot group clips on Elastic-Audio enabled tracks.

albee1952 12-07-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcoop (Post 2621626)
True, but I would rather not commit the pitch changes until the music has been approved by the client. Also, not sure if you've ever tried pitch shifting a pitch shifted piece of audio, but it doesn't generally respond well :)

I agree, which is why I do 98% of my pitch changes with Melodyne:o