Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   DADman disconnects (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=410800)

pkingduk 06-17-2020 12:40 PM

DADman disconnects

Wasn't sure where to post this. Just got a MTRX Studio and my DADman software intermittently disconnects and reconnects. More annoying than anything. Doesn't interferre with signal to speakers or with ProTools operation. I does make the DADmom useless for however long it's disconnected (usually less than 10 seconds). Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions to make it staaaaaaaaahp

cheers

pk

creativecontrol 06-17-2020 12:43 PM

Re: DADman disconnects

Greetings,

Can you please indicate what version of DADman you are on as well as your firmware version? You can find firmware under Settings -> Device List -> click on your unit - main board. Thanks.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pjcartwright 07-17-2020 05:05 AM

I am having the same issue, and it seems to be getting worse. I also can't figure out how to save monitor EQ profiles. I spent like 10 minutes entering EQ curves and tried saving them every which way I could, including as an entirely new profile, and they were gone as soon as I reset the computer.

dadman is version 5.4.2.1
MTRX studio firmware 1.0.5.2

I also made the god awful mistake of updating to catalina 10.15.5 so I am imagining that has something to do with it... But I have to say, I'm extremely disappointed with the documentation of the mtrx studio and the dadman software, as well as the byzantine nature of figuring out firmware and software version compatibility. It all just seems incredibly clunky

creativecontrol 07-17-2020 05:28 AM

Greetings,

CPUFW is what you are looking for which should be 1.0.1.1, which I presume based on the MTRX version you posted should be current.

All of the sources, EQ, delays and the like are stored with your monitor profile in a .dmprof file which is separate from the primary Save > which stores the basic configuration, AD DA levels and router patch settings.

Are you using an external DHCP server, static IP or self-assigned IP address for your MTRX Studio? If you click again in the Settings > Device list and right-click on your unit’s IP address you can find the network settings.

Jeff

pjcartwright 07-17-2020 08:34 PM

It is set to external DHCP server; it's plugged into my wifi router, which my computer is also plugged into

paulo m 07-18-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjcartwright (Post 2572982)
It is set to external DHCP server; it's plugged into my wifi router, which my computer is also plugged into

I think it would be better to get a dedicated switch, but Jeff is in a better position to advise.

creativecontrol 07-18-2020 04:53 PM

Do these issue primarily manifest when you are booting up your rig initially in the day?

Jeff

pjcartwright 07-18-2020 10:19 PM

This happens primarily when pro tools has been open for a while. Resetting the computer seems to mitigate it temporarily. This is just a hunch, but maybe it could be heat related?

creativecontrol 07-19-2020 06:47 AM

That is interesting. I’ve had 3 here stacked, powered on and connected and haven’t had any disconnections. Mine have spacing between each unit so there’s plenty of airflow. It’s certainly worth adding some space or ventilation if yours is packed into a rack. Please let us know.

Jeff

pjcartwright 07-19-2020 07:53 PM

I don't really have a way to space it out to give it more ventilation at the moment unfortunately, but there is an air gap above it and the unit below it is not very deep, so I think it gets a decent amount of circulation. Is there any way to monitor the heat level?

I am also often getting a message I never used to receive, something like "Pro tools is critically low on memory, please restart"

This seems to happen when I have closed pro tools to use sibelius, and then try to open pro tools again. I often have to restart the computer. I can't help but feel this is all connected, as it all started when I began using the mtrx studio