Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Suddenly PT won't load Plug-Ins because not valid 64-bit (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406397)

spoons 09-21-2019 01:16 AM

Suddenly PT won't load Plug-Ins because not valid 64-bit

OS 10.12.6 , PT 2019.6.0

Suddenly on booting up a session I had a AAE 7058 unauthorised plugin error. So I trashed prefs.
Now I have a few plug-ins that won't load because "they aren't valid 64bit" ? They have worked fine up to this point?

The only thing that's changed is I upgraded my iPhone to iSO13. When i plugged it into my mac I had a message come up saying that to connect my iPhone I bit of software had to download, which it did. Surely not connected ?

Any ideas ? I've trashed prefs (made it worse) and ran first Aid on the boot drive.

musicman691 09-21-2019 04:41 AM

Re: Suddenly PT won't load Plug-Ins because not valid 64-bit

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoons (Post 2538738)
OS 10.12.6 , PT 2019.6.0

Suddenly on booting up a session I had a AAE 7058 unauthorised plugin error. So I trashed prefs.
Now I have a few plug-ins that won't load because "they aren't valid 64bit" ? They have worked fine up to this point?

The only thing that's changed is I upgraded my iPhone to iSO13. When i plugged it into my mac I had a message come up saying that to connect my iPhone I bit of software had to download, which it did. Surely not connected ?

Any ideas ? I've trashed prefs (made it worse) and ran first Aid on the boot drive.

What exact plugins won't load? Avid or third party? For about a month or so I ran PT 2019.6 on OSX 10.12.6 and had no such issues. However when I went to OSX 10.13.6 I got a couple of plugins and h/w drivers that put up an error message saying they weren't optimized for 64 bit. I know current PT versions still have some 32 bit code.

It's possible whatever code that got downloaded during the iPhone upgrade did something untoward to your Mac. Do you have a good backup for your Mac? It's for times like these having a bootable clone of a working system will save your bacon. I use Carbon Copy Cloner to do the deed to an external drive that gets disconnected when the cloning is done which I do weekly.

Please tell me you don't have automatic updates turned on on the Mac.

mirovaz 09-21-2019 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is exactly what happened to me yesterday and I wasnt able to fix it yet!!!
MCDsp EC3000 delays, Acoustic Audio ElRey Compressor and many others...

Could you fix it?

THanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoons (Post 2538738)
OS 10.12.6 , PT 2019.6.0

the19thbear 09-21-2019 02:08 PM

Suddenly PT won't load Plug-Ins because not valid 64-bit

The exact same thing happened to me. The day before yesterday everything was fine.

Then today, all my AA plugins dont work along with mcdsp and phoenixverb.

I also updated my ios software.

What the heck?

Unusable.

brianjanthony 09-22-2019 04:57 AM

Same issue happened to me. However, I rebooted my universe and the problem went away. It was a few Plugin Alliance plugins. For what it’s worth, I was switching from sessions with 48k to 44k as well. It seems to have resolved itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the19thbear 09-22-2019 06:37 AM

Universe?:) no matter how many times I reboot, the problem is still there.

mirovaz 09-22-2019 08:18 AM

I just used TimeMachine and rolled back 2 days before the problem started.

Now everything is working like a charm. I just DID NOT connected my iPhone with the new iOS this time.

Tried lots of things (see my post about that). Nothing solved it!

The TimeMachine was the only thing that make things running again and I cant waste more days waiting for a software fix.

the19thbear 09-22-2019 09:06 AM

Bummer. Don’t have time machine.
Hoping they will get a fix soon.

spoons 09-22-2019 10:16 AM

I’ve started a support case and will report back.

Can someone chime in from Avid please ? What is this piece of software that runs when you upgrade your iPhone to iso13?

I have a backup so might try that.

My plugs that don’t work now are Nugen Upmix and Sonarworks.

the19thbear 09-22-2019 10:43 AM

Thanks a lot. Please keep us posted:)