Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TC VSS3 TDM not recalling settings (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=250565)

JSR 07-22-2009 09:11 AM

TC VSS3 TDM not recalling settings

Hi,

Has anyone observed the TC VSS3 plugin not remembering it's settings when re-opening a session. It continually comes up in "default" setting regardless of what I have it set to when the session is closed. I have the other two TC System 6000 reverbs and they both retain their settings as they should.

I'm running PT8.0cs2 on a MacPro Quad-Core. HD Accel 6 with a Magma PE6R4.

Best,

JSR

Bo Walker 07-22-2009 02:25 PM

Re: TC VSS3 TDM not recalling settings

Yep - I get the exact same thing here. A real PITA.

PT 8.0cs3 MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Quad HD3 Accel

uno1234 07-22-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo Walker (Post 1429739)
Yep - I get the exact same thing here. A real PITA.

PT 8.0cs3 MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Quad HD3 Accel

It retains its settings-- it just doesn't change the name. If you automate settings it does this too. You can hear it change but the name stays the same on the main page. Have you checked the other settings to see if they are at default?

dr sound 07-22-2009 08:41 PM

JSR,
Your VSS3 is acting correctly. Here is a response by TC
about the issue:
=======================================

I just wanted that confirmed outside TC, we are not able to fix that right away, we need some input from DIGI on that one.
But if you noticed the Default that loads after reload, has all the parameters of "PLNReel1dia"...

I really appreciate you help, thanks a lot.
=======================================
I brought this up to them back in Feb. 09 as I was working with them on some other issues I was having with the VSS3.My example in another e-mail was I want it to save the name such as "PLNReel1dia".

So, it is acting normal. I believe that "Revibe" exhibits the same issue.

zakco 07-23-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uno1234 (Post 1429874)
It retains its settings-- it just doesn't change the name. If you automate settings it does this too. You can hear it change but the name stays the same on the main page. Have you checked the other settings to see if they are at default?

I can confirm this at least on my system. Setting are retained, but the patch name is always default. A little unnerving at first, but seeing how the audio is correct, I can live with this for now.

zakco 05-24-2011 01:37 PM

update:

From what I can tell this is a different, but related issue:

I have recently noticed that my VSS3 TDM loses its settings every time I open a session. The graphics are recalled, but the audio output is incorrect. All I have to do is click on any parameter and the audio suddenly conforms to the GUI. This happens EVERY time. I have trashed PT preferences with no improvement. I am running PT 8.0 cs3 on a Macpro quad 2.6 and OSX 10.5.6

I would prefer NOT to update PT or my OS because ALL of my other plugins are working flawlessly.

Anyone else having this problem?

Firechild 05-25-2011 02:30 AM

Thanks a lot for the information! I was about to get the TDM versions instead of my Powercore versions, but I guess I will wait a little...

crizdee 05-26-2011 06:55 AM

Hi,

Been using VSS3 since 7.4 and have never had this problem:confused:

Its in my mixing template and recalls presets and settings fine!

Chris

zakco 05-26-2011 03:01 PM

Yes it's pretty damn odd...

Just for the record, presets recall fine. The settings maintain as long as the session is open. But EVERY time a session is opened, VSS3 outputs something seemingly random (somtimes over 3 seconds of reverb, sometimes under 500ms). As soon as I touch ANY parameter, BANG....everything is as it should be. The gui is fine all along except for the program title which remains as DEFAULT no matter what preset is selected.

TC has bee ZERO help here. No replies to email support or phone support and for the record, I have maintained a polite, professional tone in my requests for help. Thanks TC. :rolleyes:

Z

DigiTechSupt 05-26-2011 03:43 PM

Have you tried trashing preferences or testing from a new administrator account?