Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Deleting multiple instances of multichannel instrument presets causes crash in 2018.1 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=396706)

noiseboyuk 01-28-2018 02:54 AM

Deleting multiple instances of multichannel instrument presets causes crash in 2018.1

Just checking if this is universal, I've confirmed this behaviour on both Win 10 and OSX High Sierra here on 2018.1 using Kontakt 5, Omnisphere and Superior Drummer 3 (the only 3 I tried), so looks to me like it's neither plugin nor OS dependent.

1. Create a multichannel instrument preset (with at least one aux attached whose input is set to the Instrument)

2. Insert 2 or more of the same preset into a project (blank works the same).

3. Delete them both = crash.

It's also possible to crash PT when deleting individual instances of the multichannel track preset. I tested 10 instances - the 6th, 9th, and 10th all deleted ok, but the 1st, 4th and 5th caused crashes. I sorta ran out of patience at that point to prove a rule...

I once got the following error on PT relaunching, which maybe provides a clue - Assertion in "E:\ Code\ 222370\ ProTools\ NewFileLibs\ Sys\ Win32\ Sys_FileLocWin32.cpp", line 548.

TrackerLe 01-28-2018 06:45 AM

Re: Deleting multiple instances of multichannel instrument presets causes crash in 20

No i cannot repoduce it... Deleting Aux with Plugin Inputs (Structure in my case) works fine...but Kontakt 5 behaves strange. If i change the Output Config (adding more Stereo Outputs) does not change the imput possibilities of the Aux Track...
So i cannot use Kontakt 5 in multichannel mode at all...

john1192 01-28-2018 06:47 AM

Re: Deleting multiple instances of multichannel instrument presets causes crash in 20

Quote:

Originally Posted by noiseboyuk (Post 2471732)
Just checking if this is universal, I've confirmed this behaviour on both Win 10 and OSX High Sierra here on 2018.1 using Kontakt 5, Omnisphere and Superior Drummer 3 (the only 3 I tried), so looks to me like it's neither plugin nor OS dependent.

1. Create a multichannel instrument preset (with at least one aux attached whose input is set to the Instrument)

2. Insert 2 or more of the same preset into a project (blank works the same).

3. Delete them both = crash.

It's also possible to crash PT when deleting individual instances of the multichannel track preset. I tested 10 instances - the 6th, 9th, and 10th all deleted ok, but the 1st, 4th and 5th caused crashes. I sorta ran out of patience at that point to prove a rule...

I once got the following error on PT relaunching, which maybe provides a clue - Assertion in "E:\ Code\ 222370\ ProTools\ NewFileLibs\ Sys\ Win32\ Sys_FileLocWin32.cpp", line 548.

hi, do you have a network connection present and running ??? try pulling ethernet cable or turning off Wi-Fi ..

also: in #2 above you say Project .. do you meaan Session or are you trying to do this in a Project ??

just trying to refine your Steps to reproduce for others ..

cheers john

noiseboyuk 01-28-2018 11:27 AM

Sorry, my bad - yes I do mean session (local). Will try the network thing tomorrow.

noiseboyuk 01-29-2018 06:43 AM

No changes here when the network is unplugged, still causes a crash.