Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   EuCon 2.6.2 incompatible with Retina MacBook (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=325153)

beemer 07-07-2012 11:24 PM

EuCon 2.6.2 incompatible with Retina MacBook

Sorry… the title should say EuCon 2.6.2 + Artist Control are incompatible with Retina MacBook!

I just took delivery of my Retina MacBook this week, and am dismayed to report that the Avid Artist Control under EuCon 2.6.2 (the latest) is incompatible. The faders and buttons work, but the display is garbled. The best way to describe the display is that it's trying to show 1/4 of the normal display over the full screen of the display.

I am running ethernet out the back of my Cinema Display, which is connected to the MacBook via Thunderbolt. This presented no problem with my previous generation MacBook (late 2011) and my Artist Control.

I have reported this to Avid, and the support person said it was a likely bug with the Retina models and they would be looking into it.

Surprisingly, every other driver/software/hardware I own works flawlessly with the new model MacBook. I mostly got it for the all-flash architecture (750GB SSD, etc.) to run bigger Logic sessions. I'm bummed that my Artist Control is out of action until a fix is forthcoming, which as we all know could be months. Or never.

chris-euphonix 07-08-2012 02:27 AM

Re: EuCon 2.6.2 incompatible with Retina MacBook

Quote:

Originally Posted by beemer (Post 1946944)
The faders and buttons work

So maybe the Mix / Transport will work then...

Quote:

but the display is garbled. The best way to describe the display is that it's trying to show 1/4 of the normal display over the full screen of the display.
Bizarre - like some sort of resolution-related issue - which is the big change for the retina macbook screen itself. But weird the Control screen is affected.

Let's hope they sort it soon.

beemer 07-08-2012 10:34 AM

Here is a link to a pic of what my Control screen looks like via the Retina MacBook.

http://www.socialblueprint.com/brett/img/photo.JPG

beemer 07-09-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris-euphonix (Post 1947005)
But weird the Control screen is affected.

I attempted a second post with a link to a JPG showing what was happening with the Control screen, but the moderator appears not to have allowed it.

Ryan Young 07-09-2012 10:26 AM

Could you email me what's going on with the control screen? I've been considering the new MBP. Email is in my info.

chris-euphonix 07-09-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beemer (Post 1947356)
I attempted a second post with a link to a JPG showing what was happening with the Control screen, but the moderator appears not to have allowed it.

Try hosting the JPG elsewhere, and simply posting a link.

( or is that what you already tried )

I wasn't aware this forum was moderated - but can well believe it doesn't allow image upload.

beemer 07-09-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris-euphonix (Post 1947429)
Try hosting the JPG elsewhere, and simply posting a link.

( or is that what you already tried )

That'e exactly what I did. Posted a link to the image I was hosting elsewhere. I received a response that it was awaiting moderator approval. Perhaps that always happens with external links, I don't know.

beemer 07-09-2012 09:51 PM

I received a response from Avid tech support today. They said the Retina machines are 'not qualified yet.' They have to do some testing, and said to sit tight.

beemer 07-09-2012 09:52 PM

Also… looks like they have now posted my link above to an image that demonstrates the problem.

Michael_L 07-17-2012 06:00 PM

I just bought a MacBook Pro Retina and have exactly the same experience as you. The display on all my MC Units is unreadable. I emailed Euphonix support but have not received an answer.