Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   System sounds don't play thru Mbox2 Pro in W7 Pro w/ PT 8.0.5 le (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=298245)

scott_nikki1216 04-01-2011 06:26 AM

System sounds don't play thru Mbox2 Pro in W7 Pro w/ PT 8.0.5 le

Help! I upgraded to 8.0.5 le and now there is no sound from W7 pro:eek:. I have restarted multiple times, re-installed the package, but still no sound from the system when I test or from itunes or WMP. When I go into the sound control panel there is signal showing, but nothing comes out of the monitors or the headphone jack. Please help! I have an upcoming session.

TOM@METRO 04-01-2011 09:29 AM

Re: System sounds don't play thru Mbox2 Pro in W7 Pro w/ PT 8.0.5 le

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_nikki1216 (Post 1776097)
Help! I upgraded to 8.0.5 le and now there is no sound from W7 pro:eek:. I have restarted multiple times, re-installed the package, but still no sound from the system when I test or from itunes or WMP. When I go into the sound control panel there is signal showing, but nothing comes out of the monitors or the headphone jack. Please help! I have an upcoming session.

Welcome to the DUC,

Is this just Windows sounds? It would help to understand how this is effecting Pro Tools in such a way as to interfere with your upcoming session. Are you not hearing Pro Tools? Is this having an impact on any of the installed ASIO programs that might play a role in this upcoming session?

Hopefully you made an Image of your drive before you upgraded so you can go back easily if needed.

scott_nikki1216 04-03-2011 09:37 AM

It is windows sounds including system, itunes and WMP. After several restarts and checking the outs in the I/O control panel in Protools, I am now getting Protools sound. It is just frustrating not being able to hear at least itunes. I keep all of my mp3 versions of my mixes in there. I tried changing quicktime settings, and enabling/disabling the mbox in the sound panel, I was not smart enough to do a disk image of the previous install. If I can't fix this I am thinking about forking out the money to just upgrade to 9, it may play better with W7 anyway.

TOM@METRO 04-03-2011 10:27 AM

Well, PT9 is well worth the price I see no reason to hesitate on that move. As far as itunes goes I have never had it installed in a studio computer so I don't know much in that area. Our studios computers never go online so there would be no point for us. We use other applications such as "Sound Forge" for all of our 2-track playback.

Quence00 12-28-2011 02:11 PM

I Had this same problem, i've recently updated to 8.0.5 with windows 7 64 bit and everything was working good until i went to check for audio, the pro tools meters were working but no audio from monitors or headphones.

MY SOLUTION!

Control panel > Programs > Programs and features

Locate "Avid audio drivers(x64)"

Right click, choose "REPAIR"

it takes likes 2 minutes then, re-open pro tools and thats it.

thats how i got mine working, hopefully it helps you too.