Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 9 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   9.0.1 Full Installer download error (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=293492)

Larry Sheehan 01-31-2011 01:51 AM

9.0.1 Full Installer download error

I have tried multiple times to download the full installer for 9.0.1. Win 7 version. At home over cable internet (suddenlink.net) the download takes about 6 hours.

Every time I get an error on trying to launch the installer that the file is corrupt or invalid. I can't extract to a folder due to this and if I try to run it zipped it fails too.

I'd like to have the full install since the internet at the studio is over SPRINT 3g wireless and that's a big mutha of a file.

Does Avid offer a CD with the installer on it for purchase? If so where would I find ordering information?

bootybandit 01-31-2011 02:11 AM

Re: 9.0.1 Full Installer download error

It took me 2 weeks to get a final dl. Tip: make sure that you're using IE browser.......

Larry Sheehan 01-31-2011 10:06 PM

Thanks, bandit.

Crud. I guess if I ever have to rebuild my machine, I'll go with 9.0.0 + the updater which downloaded just fine.

Larry Sheehan 02-01-2011 08:56 AM

Dang. I'm moving over from Nuendo, and the difference between the 2 companies is night and day.

This morning a received email from Digi Support with personalized directions to the download! Steinbgerg would still be telling me it's my machine!

crizdee 02-01-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Sheehan (Post 1745018)
I have tried multiple times to download the full installer for 9.0.1. Win 7 version. At home over cable internet (suddenlink.net) the download takes about 6 hours.

Every time I get an error on trying to launch the installer that the file is corrupt or invalid. I can't extract to a folder due to this and if I try to run it zipped it fails too.

I'd like to have the full install since the internet at the studio is over SPRINT 3g wireless and that's a big mutha of a file.

Does Avid offer a CD with the installer on it for purchase? If so where would I find ordering information?

http://shop.avid.com/store/product.d...07036370320576

Chris

WKG 02-03-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Sheehan (Post 1745018)

I just decided to make the jump from 7.4 to 9.0.1 and am running into the same problem. IE7 over Comcast. I can get WIN7 full installer downloaded in about 45 min but it tells me the file is invalid/corrupted.

Larry Sheehan 02-03-2011 08:24 AM

The link provided to me worked yesterday. I unzipped and ran setup just fine.

I'd say you need to get the same thing they sent me. Try calling suppport?

WKG 02-03-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Sheehan (Post 1746917)
The link provided to me worked yesterday. I unzipped and ran setup just fine.

I'd say you need to get the same thing they sent me. Try calling suppport?

Which number did you call?

I don't want to waste the 1 free support call that came with the purchase just to get a functional download of the product.

DigiTechSupt 02-03-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WKG (Post 1746930)
Which number did you call?

I don't want to waste the 1 free support call that came with the purchase just to get a functional download of the product.

You should have an email shortly with an alternate download link via DigiDelivery for Pro Tools 9.0.1. You may get it twice, as I had a little glitch occur during the process and I wasn't sure the first email went out.

Actually make that thrice - I mistakenly sent you the Mac installer by mistake. I blame it on the gnomes.

WKG 02-03-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 1747058)
You should have an email shortly with an alternate download link via DigiDelivery for Pro Tools 9.0.1. You may get it twice, as I had a little glitch occur during the process and I wasn't sure the first email went out.

Actually make that thrice - I mistakenly sent you the Mac installer by mistake. I blame it on the gnomes.

Got the emails and pulling the PC version down as I type.

I thought maybe the Mac links were a subliminal hint...heh heh... ;)

Thanks for the quick response, I have been trying since last night to figure out what the problem was. I was actually able to unzip one of the invalid/corrupted downloads but I didn't think it'd be wise to trust it for the install.