Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Artist Control Soft Keys Not Functional when Control App present (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=419854)

WinstonDeath 04-30-2022 12:53 PM

Artist Control Soft Keys Not Functional when Control App present

When using an Artist Control in conjunction with iPad Control App in Eucon 2020.4, the presence of the iPad seems to halt functionality of the soft keys on the MC.

thesoundguy77 05-02-2022 05:11 PM

Re: Artist Control Soft Keys Not Functional when Control App present

can confirm same issue here with latest pro tools and EuControl 2022.4.

Physical soft keys on the Artist Control get bugged/frozen as soon as you connect a Control App.

this has been an intermittent issue over the years, usually solved by adjusting the surface order in the My Surfaces section and making sure the Control App is listed above the Artist Control. (or sometimes just the act of changing the surface order can fix)

in this case with the newest version, the surface order fix only partially solves the problem—

by adjusting the surface order, I am able to restore the soft keys on the artist control from being completely frozen, and basic pro tools based commands start working again (like preview, automatch, etc) but Eucon specific commands (like jump to page, jog wheel assignment, layout recall) still do not work from the physical soft keys on the artist control.

but they do all work from the touch soft keys on the control app.

I know the artist control is no longer officially supported, but hopefully the fix isn't too hard for this so we can continue to limp it along a little bit longer. ;)

EddieJones 05-05-2022 06:54 AM

What OSX version are you on!?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

thesoundguy77 05-05-2022 02:10 PM

Catalina — 10.15.7!

EddieJones 05-06-2022 08:48 AM

Anyone seeing this, please drag the Avid Control App to the top of the My surfaces list and report back.

FlorianE 05-19-2022 05:29 AM

Great! Such a simple little trick. Finally able to use both at the same time..

Lcepeda 12-04-2022 05:36 PM

I am still experiencing this issue, but on my avid dock and avid control. My soft keys won’t work when avid control is present. The 12 physical button do light up ant times on the dock but i can not see the soft keys on the avid apo. It only seems to work for A little when I focus on another window other than the daws Which I’m this case is pro tools. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EddieJones 12-05-2022 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcepeda (Post 2655050)
I am still experiencing this issue, but on my avid dock and avid control. My soft keys won’t work when avid control is present. The 12 physical button do light up ant times on the dock but i can not see the soft keys on the avid apo. It only seems to work for A little when I focus on another window other than the daws Which I’m this case is pro tools. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is not the same issue. Is your DAW locked on the Assign page? Are you getting tracks on Avid Control. Look in the About page for what App it thinks is connected too.