Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   MIDI (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   M-Audio Keyboard.bundle in Pro Tools 8 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=235155)

theutz 12-30-2008 10:30 PM

M-Audio Keyboard.bundle in Pro Tools 8

Firstly, I have to give you the obligatory "I'm new to the forum," announcement... at least this is my first post. I've been reading the wonderful stuff that flies around here, and I'm happy to finally have something to contribute, even if it isn't unanswered. :-)

So, I've been monkeying around with PT8, and one of the things that I've spied in the Controllers folder is a file entitled "M-Audio Keyboard.bundle". It seems to me like this means that I chould finally be able to use my Axiom 49 controller/keyboard in a fashion that is even remotely user-friendly, but I can't find any information on what this file even does. Anyone have any ideas?

Peace

DigiTechSupt 12-31-2008 10:58 AM

Re: M-Audio Keyboard.bundle in Pro Tools 8

This functionality has not been implemented yet...we'll post information once it has...

Richard901 12-31-2008 02:10 PM

Excellent news!

Thanks.

lego 12-31-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 1326765)
This functionality has not been implemented yet...we'll post information once it has...

and... what about CS10?

kylerow 01-01-2009 10:14 PM

+1 about the CS10......would prefer not to have to go through the m-audio package and figure out all the mappings by trial and error........though I do have some free time on my hands tonight.... :)

Thanks...

kylerow 01-01-2009 11:32 PM

In case anyone is interested - - for the m-audio keyboard bundle (PT 8):

Pan 1-8: CC 17 - 24
Fader 1-8: CC 33 - 40
Master Fader: CC 41

Anyway - this is what I've figured out so far.....if there is actual documentation on this, that'd be great. Until then...

Thanks,
Kyle

gdugan 01-07-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylerow (Post 1327573)
In case anyone is interested - - for the m-audio keyboard bundle (PT 8):

Pan 1-8: CC 17 - 24
Fader 1-8: CC 33 - 40
Master Fader: CC 41

I've also been trying to figure out how to get the Axiom 49 to work with Pro Tools 8. I've been trying to do the following two things:

1. Use the Axiom to control parameters (volume, panning, etc.) of the AIR virtual instruments (XPand, Hybrid, Strike).
It's easy to assign sliders and knobs to parameters in any virtual instrument, but when I load a new instance of the instrument, the assignments do not stick. I've tried to "Set As User Default," as well as "Set Plug-in Default to User Setting," as shown in the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOzgYAvwkCY, but the controller assignments don't stay.

2. Use the Axiom to control the faders and knobs in Pro Tools.
Kyle's info above helped a lot, but when I turn the knobs on the Axiom to adjust the panning, the knobs in PT only go one way (clockwise). I can't figure out how to change it. I've tried making sense of the MIDI charts in the Axiom User Manual, but I can't.

Frankly, I don't know how the people at M-Audio expect average people to make any sense out of all those MIDI tables. All the tables, columns, and numbers don't really make much sense. For example, in Appendix F there is a table with 5 columns. The 1st column is titled "MIDI CC" and the 4th column is titled "Data 2." But in the 4th column you also see "MIDI CC." Is this the same "MIDI CC" as the 1st column? What does it all mean and how is it implemented in a practical way?

Has anybody gotten an Axiom to work with Pro Tools 8? Can anybody decipher all the MIDI jargon in those tables so that it is actually usable by human beings?

Thanks in advance for any help.

AtomicBeagle 01-08-2009 07:08 AM

I've also been having trouble with my Axiom 49, specifically the sustain pedal. It worked fine in 7.4, but can't get it to work at all in 8. I've been trying to use it with both Xpand2 and the MiniGrand, but no dice. Does anyone have any suggestions about that?

FYI - the sustain pedal is an M-Audio SP-2 piano style pedal.

Thanks for any help!

DigiTechSupt 01-08-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lego (Post 1327026)
and... what about CS10?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but the CS-10 controller profile is now available on the Legacy Controllers page, if that's what you're looking for.

lego 01-08-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 1331944)
if that's what you're looking for.

Yes, exactly! Thanks!