Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Do Avid intend to make new product like Eleven Rack to guitar players (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=369948)

PappaSF 07-18-2015 08:08 AM

Do Avid intend to make new product like Eleven Rack to guitar players

I just wonder do Avid intend to make new products like Eleven Rack to guitar player?

I ask this cause now Eleven Rack have been on marked several years already and Eleven Rack have one Expansion Pack and after that noting new.

When you look your competitors they have all kind new product and also some of them have continuos upgrades for their product ex. Fractal Auido Axe products. Now also Line 6 launched Helix. etc. etc.

How Avid intend to respond and bring new products for guitar players (Like Eleven Rack)?

I'm intrested this cause Eleven Rack is nice and good sounding gear to guitarist but need more contents like amps, cabinets, effects, mics etc. and better continuous upgrading for many years that brings more contents to this kind hardware.

It looks now that competitors invest to this sector more than Avid, I hope I'm totally wrong about this.

albee1952 07-18-2015 08:19 AM

Re: Do Avid intend to make new product like Eleven Rack to guitar players

Check out the new Line 6 Helix

Drew Mazurek 07-18-2015 08:38 AM

Considering the people that developed Eleven are no longer at Avid, I would think that product is unlikely to be updated.

Fractal, Line 6, and Kemper do one thing, amp sims.

I happen to like the Fractal stuff quite a lot. (full disclosure-I have an artist deal with them)

JFreak 07-18-2015 09:05 AM

I really like the ENGL sims that plugin-alliance released recently. Avid doesn't need to do it all, you know...

Bob Olhsson 07-18-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2277918)
Considering the people that developed Eleven are no longer at Avid, I would think that product is unlikely to be updated...

FWIW: It's not unheard of for Avid to bring people back as contractors.

Darryl Ramm 07-18-2015 09:59 AM

Pigs fly as well. But the team was got rid of. Some are working at a competitor (Line6) who just shipped their version of Eleven Rack 2. Avid has enough other problems to deal with. All that collaboration and First stuff nobody wanted.... Competition in the guitar processor/amp sim space has gotten much more intense since when Eleven Rack first shipped.

amagras 07-18-2015 11:30 AM

I think the point is that such a good box as ElevenR deserves more attention. Couldn't Avid do sell it to another company that takes care of it?

Darryl Ramm 07-18-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amagras (Post 2277949)
I think the point is that such a good box as ElevenR deserves more attention. Couldn't Avid do sell it to another company that takes care of it?

Can't folks just let it go. It is abandonware and Avid will milk hardware sales for as long as they can (and it's still a great box). There is too much competition out there already... and why would any company want to buy an old platform? And the hardware part of the Eleven Rack/Pro Tools bundle is already driven down to a low price point. Likely unattractive to any purchaser. Another success turned into a failure by Avid.

amagras 07-18-2015 02:23 PM

Hey Darryl, you did notice the question mark at the end of my post right? ;-)
Anyways, thanks for he response

Amack 07-18-2015 05:43 PM

Yup - getting less expensive every day! http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ElevenRack ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2277966)
And the hardware part of the Eleven Rack/Pro Tools bundle is already driven down to a low price point.