Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Melodyne Plugin reliably crashes PT after use (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=223201)

gonzolagonda 06-11-2008 12:29 PM

Melodyne Plugin reliably crashes PT after use

After I've finished recording back a Melodyned vocal or whatever, if I make the track with the Melodyne plug inactive, or even delete it completely, or simply remove the plugin, PT quits suddenly a few minutes later, no "unexpectedly quit" message or anything, just a complete sudden disappearance! I can avoid this by saving a version of the session with the plug, removing/deleting the track, saving another version, quitting and rebooting immediately! Got the latest version of the plug. Doesn't seem to matter where I put the MD files.

EvilElfBoy 06-11-2008 03:20 PM

Re: Melodyne Plugin reliably crashes PT after use

Yeah this happens on my machine as well. It crashes PT A LOT! I just force my "twitch to save" after everything that I do with it, At least until there is a fix. It's a shame too, that darn thing is so easy to work with!

DigiTechSupt 06-11-2008 04:19 PM

Have you updated to the latest version of the Melodyne plug-in (1.8.3 if I'm not mistaken..)?

EvilElfBoy 06-11-2008 04:36 PM

Indeed! I have. I'm OCD about updating!

Thanks DTS!

crizdee 06-12-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

After I've finished recording back a Melodyned vocal or whatever, if I make the track with the Melodyne plug inactive, or even delete it completely, or simply remove the plugin, PT quits suddenly a few minutes later, no "unexpectedly quit" message or anything, just a complete sudden disappearance! I can avoid this by saving a version of the session with the plug, removing/deleting the track, saving another version, quitting and rebooting immediately! Got the latest version of the plug. Doesn't seem to matter where I put the MD files.

Hi,

Have you updated 7.4 to the latest cs versions?

cs3 has this...

Fixed: Certain Third Party Products Could Cause Pro Tools to crash (Item #100661)
Celemony Melodyne and AudioEase Snapper would cause a crash with tick-based regions (introduced in Pro Tools 7.4)

Chris

Andre Knecht 06-12-2008 03:13 AM

From the company’s website, these are the current versions of Melodyne:

The latest program versions are:
Melodyne studio - 3.2.2
Melodyne cre8 - 3.2.2
Melodyne plugin - 1.0.3
Melodyne uno - 1.8.1
Melodyne essential - 1.8.1

IHTH.

mixer 06-12-2008 09:48 AM

had the same problem . i called melodyne..and the problem was having protools set on more than one cpu. melodyne plugin will only work in single processor mode.

Stig Eliassen 06-12-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

i called melodyne

I might be picky here, but the company is Celemony.
Quote:

melodyne plugin will only work in single processor mode.

Who told you this? The Melodyne plugin works just fine on my dual G5, and I've also worked with the plugin on a Mac Mini Intel machine. All good.

Also, trashing preference files fixes most issues. If memory serves...com.melodyne(plugin)preference.plist.

gonzolagonda 06-14-2008 02:07 AM

Quote:

Have you updated 7.4 to the latest cs versions?

cs3 has this...

Yes, on CS3 and MD 1.0.3.1 according to 'About...' from within the plug.

Will try CS5 but I'd be surprised if that helps! Will report back.