Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   press the record button and there's a D, then a loop symbol, then a P??? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=59707)

Sareen 07-14-2001 08:51 PM

press the record button and there\'s a D, then a loop symbol, then a P???

when i opened up a session, I was able to record a keyboard part. Then right after when I made a new track to record another part...I click rec enable, then click the record button, and instead of flashing red like it's supposed to, a D shows up on the record button...click again and there's a loop symbol..click again and there's a P..then it just goes back to the regular, non-lighted up record button!

I've figured that those 3 things mean destructive recording, loop recording, and punch-in.........why do they keep popping up and not letting me record normally??????????

stut5 07-14-2001 09:56 PM

Re: press the record button and there\'s a D, then a loop symbol, then a P???

are you right clicking because the right click does change the record mode

Sareen 07-14-2001 10:39 PM

no I regular clicked and right clicked, both don't change anything...i still can't record normal!

Roy Howell 07-14-2001 11:49 PM

Not sure why they're changing up, but until somebody has a better answer, try just hitting F12 to start Recording.
Roy

Sareen 07-15-2001 12:47 AM

for the love of God would someone please explain this....everything will be fine then all of a sudden I can't even press PLAY on the damn transport window cos it just makes it switch to a play loop mode button instead of actually PLAYING the song....

pleaseplease any help would be immediately appreciated...i can't even record...two tracks and my session is prematurely over, please help!!!!

Sareen 07-15-2001 01:18 AM

by the way.....it seems when I restart my computer, it's back to normal, meaning left click for regular play/record, etc. and right click for that destructive/loop/punch in record button toggle..

I'm beginning to suspect (and sincerely hope against the possibility) that it has something to do with my computer speed or the mouse buttons messing up or something...? but I don't see how that could be...anyone know?

here are my specs:
Dell Dimension 4100
733 mhz w/ 133mhz side bus
128MB SDRAM
42 GIG HD, 39 GB free

da BaSsTaRd! 07-15-2001 06:34 AM

i wouldn't worry about that too much. this program is full of little annoying bugs. digi cleaned up most of the worst ones. just work around the rest.

try using shortcuts instead of the mouse. play is the spacebar and record is ctrl+spacebar. its both a good workaround for your problem and its easier than the mouse.........

Sareen 07-15-2001 02:17 PM

okay I tried all the suggestions..
-changed mouses (I have a cordless mouse, changed it to regular)>>didn't work
-tried every single possible keyboard shortcut ever, the best i can get is record pause mode-which in itself is different because when it's paused, instead of just flashing the RECORD button red, it flashes the PLAY, REC, and STOP button BLUE!

Wht the hell is going on pleeeeeeease tell me!! I hate this, I can't even record for 15 consecutive minutes without it doing this. And stupid tech support is not open on weekends...what the hell, when do they think people record????

Vegadark 07-15-2001 03:48 PM

try re-installing the standard mouse drivers that come with your version of windows... changing the mouse alone will not do it... you gotta change the mouse and the drivers...

zedhed 07-15-2001 05:51 PM

If all else fails get in touch with digidesign's engineers via email. They have been very helpful to me in sorting out my problems.....good luck