Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   MTRX Studio and DADMan UI issues (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=419663)

Skwaidu 04-19-2022 01:39 PM

MTRX Studio and DADMan UI issues

1 Attachment(s)
See attached picture or here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yg5ushla4i...31104.png?dl=0

The DADman Outputs and Fold downs layout is quite dumb isn't it? We also cannot reorder them except by removing items and re-adding in a different order.

LDS 04-20-2022 03:23 AM

Re: MTRX Studio and DADMan UI issues

Some bits of DADman are definitely a little clunky if you only use the GUI. If you have a spare tablet around, you can do some pretty remarkable things with speaker solos using custom soft keys and Eucon commands.

Skwaidu 05-04-2022 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDS (Post 2633575)
Some bits of DADman are definitely a little clunky if you only use the GUI. If you have a spare tablet around, you can do some pretty remarkable things with speaker solos using custom soft keys and Eucon commands.

Yep, I'm aware of the Control App, but it's only a partial solution and I'd prefer them in the DADman as well, with a better layout and configurability.

LDS 05-06-2022 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skwaidu (Post 2635968)
Yep, I'm aware of the Control App, but it's only a partial solution and I'd prefer them in the DADman as well, with a better layout and configurability.

But if you email DAD, I think you'll find that the Avid control app is the solution to the problem of clustered speaker selections. Brute forcing the fold down functions into doing the same is obviously going to have many drawbacks.

I have sent emails to DAD requesting a bunch of stuff for DADman. Automatic folddowns based on speaker selection. Other users have requested insert functionality to add external speaker processing between source and speaker selectors. A bunch have requested the ability to link speaker selections and fold downs with source selections. That probably isn't remotely the extent of it either, as DADman operates across much of the DAD/NTP lineup in devices with far more complexity, in far more complex installations in broadcast environments than what the MTRX studio can achieve.

Thousands of studios used (and still use) Xmons that don't have any of the functionality you or I have requested. A Trinnov D-Mon will do a bunch of what you want, but it costs 3 to 4 times the price of the MTRX Studio alone in the configurations you would need. The Avid control app is free, immensely configurable, and will run on a hundred buck tablet sitting on your desk. They are the options currently at your finger tips.

Seriously though. Email DAD about it... but I would expect a polite yet firm reply that your request probably doesn't rank with any kind of priority amongst users and their plans for DADman. That is the reply I got too, and sometimes that is just the way it is. Some users want HDX II. Others want Pro Tools Ultimate licenses to cost $1.99. At the end of the day, it has never been about the tools needing to be perfect. It is about solving problems using tools to make great content...

creativecontrol 05-07-2022 07:31 AM

Keep the feedback coming. Your suggestions are not falling on deaf ears.

best,

Jeff

LDS 05-07-2022 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativecontrol (Post 2636383)
Keep the feedback coming. Your suggestions are not falling on deaf ears.

best,

Jeff

Pro Tools Ultimate is going to cost $1.99? :confused:

:p

Reckless Erik 05-08-2022 02:39 PM

Hahaha. I guess they'll take their time with that one!

originalscottyg 05-09-2022 09:00 AM

I would love to have a separate time delay setting for each source in the Monitor Profile for video sync offset. I have my Video Sync Offset in Pro Tools, measured using Catchin' Sync, and things are in sync when playing out of Pro Tools. But when I play other content or check my quicktime bounces outside of Pro Tools, with the sound playback coming through DVS, the Video Sync Offset isn't compensated.

basehead617 05-09-2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalscottyg (Post 2636555)
I would love to have a separate time delay setting for each source in the Monitor Profile for video sync offset. I have my Video Sync Offset in Pro Tools, measured using Catchin' Sync, and things are in sync when playing out of Pro Tools. But when I play other content or check my quicktime bounces outside of Pro Tools, with the sound playback coming through DVS, the Video Sync Offset isn't compensated.

This is a big issue to me - DVS has been recommended as a way to monitor system sound on the flagship interfaces but it's lacking for this purpose.

originalscottyg 05-09-2022 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basehead617 (Post 2636567)
This is a big issue to me - DVS has been recommended as a way to monitor system sound on the flagship interfaces but it's lacking for this purpose.

There's a global Delay time per output set in DADman. I suppose that I could set that for my TV and turn it off in Pro Tools, but that will be a hard habit to break after all these years. Also, that probably wouldn't account for the differences between Pro Tools' latency and DVS's latency.