Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S4/S6 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   "un"expanding faders to view all inserts view (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417951)

Geoff_Mitchell 11-26-2021 07:52 AM

"un"expanding faders to view all inserts view

(My apologies if I m overlooking a preference but just noticing this is requiring two clicks and I'd like to get to a single click/selection.)

After expanding an insert to faders I find I have to both deselect expand and the selection of insert in order to return to the initial state of all track inserts visible/available to select. Is there a more elegant way to quickly get out of this mode to no expand AND no insert selected?

Note for AVID: really happy to see this improved custom fader. For me, and perhaps others, a great mod would be the ability to assign the "expand faders" elsewhere. ie. I would like to be able to move through dialogue tracks and have (an insert) CEDAR constantly available (on faders) as I attention through tracks.

thanks!

EddieJones 11-27-2021 09:30 PM

Re: "un"expanding faders to view all inserts view

I think this can be done already but setting up fader Module as an Attention Fader Module.

creativecontrol 11-28-2021 11:43 AM

Simple solution:

Enable Settings > User > Auto Expand Functions > Inserts Selection and Auto Expand Faders.

Show Inserts (top level chain) on a given strip.

Push encoder top for Insert to jump into expand faders view on.

To leave, press the lit back (arrow) switch on the knob module to return you back to Inserts chain.

Jeff

Geoff_Mitchell 11-29-2021 05:54 AM

Thanks Jeff!

In following your steps I saw that 'Inserts' was also selected for Auto Expand so that was what was causing it to return to an expanded state on the knob module. doh! Thanks for your prompt help!

Geoff_Mitchell 11-30-2021 07:06 AM

and thanks for response Eddie - I'm not really finding info on "Attention fader module". Is there somewhere for more info on that? I ve tried an assigning a fader expand zone but I m not having success getting it to behave as Auto-Expand Faders. Still rechecking my prefs and re verifying my setup ...

The behaviour I would like is to have a group of dia tracks on one group of faders and then choose to have the attentioned track CEDAR on a separate fader module from my dia tracks so that I could do level work while having access to CEDAR on faders as I attention them. With minimum clicks. Ideally by moving attention. Thanks

EddieJones 11-30-2021 07:52 AM

Look from pg 210 in this guide. S4_S6 Guide

Geoff_Mitchell 11-30-2021 08:07 AM

Thanks got it! all good now