Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Plugin Window follow DAW Track Selection (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406536)

Cheesehead 09-29-2019 05:45 PM

Plugin Window follow DAW Track Selection

Even with all these new options in the general tab of Eucon 19.9, is it still not possible to get an open plugin window, or other window to follow your track selection from a mouse click on the timeline?
I've tried all the possible permutations of the new parameters and I can't get PT to do this.
I thought this was one of the new features we were going to get, but it seems to do everything else except that one thing we've been asking for, for as long as I can remember.
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?:confused:
If someone has this working could they point me in the right direction please.
Thanks.

BScout 09-29-2019 10:19 PM

Re: Plugin Window follow DAW Track Selection

Isn’t Eucon/Eucontrol about control surfaces? And your request is about mouse-clicks/DAW selection?

Select from the Control app. Or a Eucon surface. Turn on in Eucontrol "Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area: Track Name". If you have insert A open, then clicking on another track (in Pro Tools, not just Eucon because now one follows the other) will open the same insert slot. But you have to be on the Inserts slot under Channel tab. If you are using the auto-select by type mapping, if you go from an EQ to Reverb in the same slot then it won't open because it won't match what the control surface is controlling (by type.) However Inserts encapsulates all of them.

And is that the royal “we”? I don’t want every bloody plugin window opening/closing as I’m editing audio or writing automation. That’d be a nightmare to keep clearing those out of the way. I only want the plugin/pan/send window to open that I’m controlling currently from a Eucon surface. Like it works now.

Cheesehead 09-30-2019 05:35 PM

Ha, 'the royal we' I like it!

Thanks for the instructions, but it still doesn't work on my rig.
Either the open plugin window just stays on the first one that was opened or
if I have 'Close windows on workstation when editing' selected, it closes.

PT Control follows the attentioned track but the plugin window doesn't.

If its working for you I must still have something set wrong.

BScout 09-30-2019 06:01 PM

I'll try to post a screenshot of settings and a video later tonight (PST time.) Have to mirror the Control app actions up to the screen next to Pro Tools so it all gets captured in real time.

Cheesehead 10-01-2019 07:09 AM

Thanks, much appreciated.

Cheesehead 10-07-2019 08:05 AM

Hi there,
Just following up on this.
I've kept trying different options of preferences but still can't get it to work.
If somebody has a plugin reliably following track selection could they give me the magic combination please.
Thanks

Ed Douglas 10-08-2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 2540539)
Hi there,
I've kept trying different options of preferences but still can't get it to work.
If somebody has a plugin reliably following track selection could they give me the magic combination please.
Thanks

I feel your pain. I had ALL SORTS of grief with this feature which is essential to how I premix.The trick for me was to Uninstall all applications AND Remove User Preferences with the installer, reboot and install again. Your appsets will remain intact, thankfully.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ed_dou...posted-public/

EddieJones 10-08-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 2540539)
Hi there,
Thanks

What do you have Open Windows on Workstation When Knobs assigned from DAW Click set to ?

jasperbhome 10-24-2021 11:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2540734)
What do you have Open Windows on Workstation When Knobs assigned from DAW Click set to ?

Works when I see attached.