Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   EUCON 21.10.1 Released (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417543)

EddieJones 10-28-2021 09:14 AM

EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Avid is pleased to announce the release of EUCON 2021.10.1 Download it from your Avid Account or the Avid Download Center.

Blog Post

Whats New Guide

EUCON 21.10.1 Release notes

joeshepard 10-28-2021 11:39 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10 Released
 
I don’t see Artist Mix listed in supported surfaces. Should I not upgrade if I’m using those?

EddieJones 10-28-2021 12:21 PM

Re: EUCON 21.10 Released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by joeshepard (Post 2617301)
I don’t see Artist Mix listed in supported surfaces. Should I not upgrade if I’m using those?

Yes it will work with the Artist Series too.

cebolao 10-31-2021 09:35 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10 Released
 
hi eddie

did you manage to replicate the „upper row mode bug” i was writing about?

WinstonDeath 11-02-2021 06:21 PM

Re: EUCON 21.10 Released
 
I've noticed a panning bug - with group linked stereo tracks, the linked tracks don't follow when the first track's LR panners are de-linked with multi-touch, two finger panning. The linked tracks don't follow the main tracks panning behavior. (edit- this isn't a new problem, I realized.)

EddieJones 11-03-2021 09:44 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10 Released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WinstonDeath (Post 2618153)
I've noticed a panning bug - with group linked stereo tracks, the linked tracks don't follow when the first track's LR panners are de-linked with multi-touch, two finger panning. The linked tracks don't follow the main tracks panning behavior. (edit- this isn't a new problem, I realized.)

An this only happens on the Control App? If you use the mouse its OK?

cebolao 11-05-2021 11:33 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10 Released
 
hi eddie

thanks for the update

however the bug i've been writing about is still there (on S3 surface, after selecting att. track the upper knob row changes it's mode to "replicate" lower knob mode - so it's impossible to have for example sends on upper row and eq on lower row)

did you manage at least to replicate this bug?

should i prepare a short video demonstrating this problem?

EddieJones 11-07-2021 10:57 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10 Released
 
Sorry, I have the S3 now but haven't had time to set it up. I'll do it this week.

m4tune 11-18-2021 01:36 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Custom key commands still not working…☹️…��*♂️

m4tune 11-18-2021 01:38 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Eddie, can you please provide a way to get back to Eucon 21.6 on MacOs and IOS?

EddieJones 11-18-2021 09:24 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by m4tune (Post 2619768)
Eddie, can you please provide a way to get back to Eucon 21.6 on MacOs and IOS?

Can you please post what commands are not working, can you check the command looks OK in the Softkey editor?

m4tune 11-18-2021 10:07 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
I use the exact same commands as in the 21.6 version where everything worked perfectly.

This should create the first track preset from my user folder, for example:

shift + cmd + n
cmd + backslash + u (the command for up arrow from the list in the editor)
cmd + backslash + u
cmd + backslash + u
backslash + n (the command for Return from the list in the editor)

After the first line it hangs. Only the window for the new track dialog is on the screen.

EddieJones 11-18-2021 10:39 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
I just made this on my (Windows) machine and it works OK. I suspect a timing issue. Can you try adding a pause command in between each \a. I attached an example for another macro.

EddieJones 11-18-2021 10:41 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
1 Attachment(s)
Image

reset studio 11-19-2021 02:15 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Eucontrol 2021.10.1.29, the "Assignable Knob" function on Artist Transport still not work. Probably not fixed yet.

Cheesehead 11-19-2021 03:59 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Quote:

Can you try adding a pause command

Oh wow, does this mean we now have pause commands for Eucon macros?
That sneaked out without me noticing.

EddieJones 11-19-2021 08:20 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 2619847)
Oh wow, does this mean we now have pause commands for Eucon macros?
That sneaked out without me noticing.

The /a pause command has always been there. It's limited though and only adds a very short pause. We are working on a much better delay feature for the next release.

m4tune 11-19-2021 01:18 PM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Hey Eddie,


Thanks for the tip with the delay "\a"
It made several key commands combinations work again…;)

But, I'm not able to get a nearly reliable performance as with v21.6…
This seems to be a workaround with a very shaky version of Eucontrol - v21.10… Sorry for being straight forward…but when will this be fixed in a sustainable standard?

EddieJones 11-19-2021 02:08 PM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by m4tune (Post 2619890)
Hey Eddie,


Thanks for the tip with the delay "\a"
It made several key commands combinations work again…;)

But, I'm not able to get a nearly reliable performance as with v21.6…
This seems to be a workaround with a very shaky version of Eucontrol - v21.10… Sorry for being straight forward…but when will this be fixed in a sustainable standard?

There was a bug in Apples API we used for key commands which was causing crashes so in 21.01 we changed the way we do it. That caused other issues so we changed again. Unfortunately, we think this made it work a lot faster, so commands are firing off nearly instantly together. The only real solution is an adjustable delay....which we are working on for the next release. We are also looking at putting in an overall delay setting too so you don't have to enter a whole bunch.

cebolao 12-08-2021 04:36 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
so how about this "upper row mode bug"?

did you manage to replicate it?

cebolao 01-26-2022 07:32 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
so, any news about this bug?

it's kind of a show stopper when mixing dialogs for example

EddieJones 01-28-2022 09:51 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cebolao (Post 2626515)
so, any news about this bug?

it's kind of a show stopper when mixing dialogs for example

I can't seem to repro this. What do you have this setting set to? Open Windows on Workstations when knobs assigned from Daw Click?

cebolao 01-28-2022 01:14 PM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
PM sent

Frank Kruse 02-10-2022 06:27 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Plugins follow track selection seems to be broken in this release. (has been broken in earlier versions, then at some point worked, now seems to be broken again)
I press EQ on the S1. Channel strip pop up. I move selection to other track, EQ stays with the initial track.
Yes, "edit selection move up/down" is on.

Anything else I might be missing?

Thanks!

Frank.

EddieJones 02-10-2022 08:39 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Kruse (Post 2627736)
Plugins follow track selection seems to be broken in this release. (has been broken in earlier versions, then at some point worked, now seems to be broken again)
I press EQ on the S1. Channel strip pop up. I move selection to other track, EQ stays with the initial track.
Yes, "edit selection move up/down" is on.
.

This is working for me, the fact you say it sometimes works points to a setting changing. Can you post an image of your General settings?

Frank Kruse 02-10-2022 01:23 PM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2627744)
This is working for me, the fact you say it sometimes works points to a setting changing. Can you post an image of your General settings?

Thanks Eddie. Not working on 3 co-worker's rigs (running current EC and PT)"Sometimes" as in "it worked n older versions of EC in the past" but never worked in the current one for me.
Weird. I'll post a screen shot when I'm back in the morning.

Thanks

Frank.

Frank Kruse 02-11-2022 01:16 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Here are my settings. Tried all sorts of other combos but no luck so far. Not working for my 2 co-workers either. They are on Artists with and without iPad. I have an S1 with tablet. Also attached: Digi surround panner.

I also disconnected the tablet entirely to rule that out but no change.

https://www.filemail.com/d/tfzbrdgrbmperiq

Frank Kruse 02-11-2022 04:25 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
OK, I figured it out. "open windows when knobs assigned..." needs to be set to Avid Control or channel mode knobs.

Confusing description but now the CS follows.

What's odd now is that the channel page will jump to the GROUP page when moving up and down the tracks in the session quickly. Might be a bug. Move up and down slowly it stays on the EQ page. Do it fast a couple of time it will jump to the group page at some point and stay there.



Thanks

Frank.

Lunazen 02-24-2022 06:42 PM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Attempting to install EUCON_WorkstationUnifiedInstallMac_2021_10_1_29 to use with an iPad.

Unable to install. Every time I get a message "The Installation Failed" I have uninstalled (with prefs) and reinstalled, re-downloaded and still "The Installation Failed".

MacBook Pro, OS 10.14.6 (18G9323)
Current PT software

Apologies if I should post this elsewhere - been a member since 2011, user since 1996, but never posted myself!

Thanks in advance for any help.

EddieJones 02-24-2022 09:18 PM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunazen (Post 2628734)
Attempting to install EUCON_WorkstationUnifiedInstallMac_2021_10_1_29 to use with an iPad.

Unable to install. Every time I get a message "The Installation Failed" I have uninstalled (with prefs) and reinstalled, re-downloaded and still "The Installation Failed".

MacBook Pro, OS 10.14.6 (18G9323)
Current PT software

Apologies if I should post this elsewhere - been a member since 2011, user since 1996, but never posted myself!

Thanks in advance for any help.

When is it failing? it sound like it is installing as you are then uninstalling?

simoncampbell 04-11-2022 02:42 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
Hi

I am really having problems getting EUCON working again. Can you comment please?

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=419558

simoncampbell 04-11-2022 04:28 AM

Re: EUCON 21.10.1 Released
 
I have solved the problem. Uninstalling, removing the preferences, using Clean My Mac. Removing all the leftover files. Sorted...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:32 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com