Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   When will 8.0.5 be released? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=284329)

David Sabine 10-18-2010 03:23 PM

When will 8.0.5 be released?

Hi,

I can't use MIDI with my 8.0.3 system because of THIS problem.

And my second system is broken (with this problem) ever since I upgraded to 8.0.4. (Which I did expecting it would fix problem #1 above!!)

(I never should have installed 8.0.3! Things just keep getting worse.)

When is the NEXT update expected? And is there any intention of repairing the MIDI and ASIO drivers for the next update?

$25,000 in hardware and software and I can't actually use it?!

Digi/Avid... why do you expect people to pay for technical support? Prove to us that these problems aren't caused by YOU first - before you demand we pay you to troubleshoot the problems. As far as I can tell, these problems I'm currently having are caused by YOUR updates.

Hotcrazyfruit 10-18-2010 03:30 PM

Re: When will 8.0.5 be released?

Thats why they created the DUC. I would think more problems get solved here than with avid's support line.

Im also waiting for an update, i also cant use midi, either from a problem with my software, or a system incompatibility that wasn't there before. Its holding me back from using my eleven rack to its fullest potential. I'm REALLY hopeing for at least a CS pack soon.

Nick

PS i find it funny that your last name is sabine, considering this is an audio forum :D

Dism 10-18-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Sabine (Post 1682960)
Hi,

I can't use MIDI with my 8.0.3 system because of THIS problem.

And my second system is broken (with this problem) ever since I upgraded to 8.0.4. (Which I did expecting it would fix problem #1 above!!)

(I never should have installed 8.0.3! Things just keep getting worse.)

When is the NEXT update expected? And is there any intention of repairing the MIDI and ASIO drivers for the next update?

$25,000 in hardware and software and I can't actually use it?!

Digi/Avid... why do you expect people to pay for technical support? Prove to us that these problems aren't caused by YOU first - before you demand we pay you to troubleshoot the problems. As far as I can tell, these problems I'm currently having are caused by YOUR updates.

We'll probably see a CS release or two for 8.0.4... but 8.0.5 won't happen.

The next major revision is going to be 8.5, and it will be announced on Nov 5th at AES.

David Sabine 10-19-2010 07:30 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks for the response.

We're in luck... it appears 8.0.4cs2 was released this morning. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=284353

I have my fingers crossed that this update repairs the problems I've been having.

David Sabine 10-19-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotcrazyfruit (Post 1682962)
PS i find it funny that your last name is sabine, considering this is an audio forum :D

Hi! It's possible that Wallace Sabine is an ancestor of mine - I've been trying to find out for sure but ancestry.com has its limitations.

markblasco 10-19-2010 10:36 AM

Hopefully the new CS release fixes the ASIO driver, but I'm not installing it until someone tells me it works. There have been too many faulty releases, I'm not taking any chances this time since my system is working well enough right now (not to say that everything is working fine, but I don't want to risk it not working at all)

David Sabine 10-20-2010 10:02 AM

The CS release from yesterday does NOT fix the ASIO driver. I tried. More details here about the problem I'm having with my ASIO driver.

I can't understand why this company will release a patch without thoroughly testing the ASIO driver.