Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   M1 Silicon MacPro Monterey and T-Tap issues (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420278)

bassmagnetic 05-20-2022 09:13 AM

M1 Silicon MacPro Monterey and T-Tap issues

I wonder if anyone else out there is up and running this combo.

The T-Tap Thunderbolt was discontinued just before M1 support. AJA said that it would work with the 16.1 driver which has native M1 silcon support, but that it isn't offically supported. It works for me but I'm getting jumping frames from the begining of playback, like a single stuck frame that keeps re-showing when film the playing. Sometimes it disappears and plays as normal with multiple start stops of the transport and sometimes it keeps happening. I'm not sure if this is what PT calls 'tearing' in the preferences, but that setting, along with play start latency doesn't seem to do anything to solve the issue.

Anyone any ideas?

tom_lowe 05-20-2022 05:16 PM

Re: M1 Silicon MacPro Monterey and T-Tap issues

More specs about your machine might be helpful, but I think you’d have more luck contacting AJA.

Until they support T-Tap officially you’re going to potentially have issues. It might be worth looking at Blackmagic Design stuff as they are Apple Silicon native.

bassmagnetic 05-21-2022 12:20 AM

Made an error and left out the ‘book’ part of it computer name, sorry.

The T-tap won’t ever be officially supported, hence my post to see if others have any further personal experience with this combination as it seems to be quite a popular device.

bassmagnetic 05-21-2022 02:08 AM

Re: M1 Silicon MacPro Monterey and T-Tap issues : SOLVED

Please ignore post, I've got it working perfectly....

The issue was the DNxHD video file was playing off an external SSD that was NTFS formatted and being read by NTFS for Mac.... I reformated the disk to Mac OS Extended and it plays smoothly now.

smurfyou 05-21-2022 10:33 AM

Thanks for the update. The T-Tap is handy.

tom_lowe 05-23-2022 11:41 AM

Re: M1 Silicon MacPro Monterey and T-Tap issues : SOLVED

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassmagnetic (Post 2637535)
Please ignore post, I've got it working perfectly....

The issue was the DNxHD video file was playing off an external SSD that was NTFS formatted and being read by NTFS for Mac.... I reformated the disk to Mac OS Extended and it plays smoothly now.

glad you were able to get it sorted.

reichman 05-23-2022 02:17 PM

Thanks for this! I have a T-Tap I've been using for over 7 years now. Waiting for my new Mac Studio and I wasn't sure if the T-Tap would still function.

fork-media 06-07-2022 04:35 PM

I'm T -Tap too, but finding using the AVE untenable with it, laggy, out of sync playback etc

Its generally ok using Video Sync 5 tho -

I'm using monteray 12.3.1 and I'm getting warnings about it being unsupported if I upgrade the OS

has any one jumped to PT ( ultimate or is it flex now? ) 22.4 ?

any improvements? I could maybe try this week. as 21.12 is a bit buggy.. ( just stupid graphics issues and having to trash my prefs at least once a day )

Reckless Erik 06-09-2022 02:57 PM

T-Tap works with Monterey 12.4 and PT 2022.5 on a Mac M1 Studio Ultra. Any more than that I have not tested!

Stevo499 08-30-2022 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckless Erik (Post 2639132)
T-Tap works with Monterey 12.4 and PT 2022.5 on a Mac M1 Studio Ultra. Any more than that I have not tested!

I have a T-Tap also it works great on my 6,1 trash can which is Thunderbolt 2.

I’m looking to upgrade to Mac Ultra Studio very soon.

Thanks for letting us know T-Tap works with your Ultra Studio. I’m assuming your using a Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 converter with that, Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk