Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Waves pluggins not showing up! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=419110)

moes 02-28-2022 08:11 AM

Waves pluggins not showing up!

Used to record on my crappy laptop but just bought a new strong laptop so i can record music with less wories

I just got the
LENOVO Legion 5 Pro 16-Ryzen 7 32GB 1TB RTX3070

Just downloaded some waves pluggins but there not showing up.

i tried this:

Windows:
Quit Pro Tools.
Press [Win key]+R, type %appdata% and hit Enter. In the Roaming folder that shows, go to Avid > Pro Tools.
Locate the InstalledAAXPlugins file and drag it to your desktop
Launch Pro Tools. If prompted to Locate the Waves plugins folder, direct to C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V13 (or whichever version is installed on your device).
If everything then works properly, you can delete InstalledAAXPLugins from your desktop.

But that doesnt work because when i open up pro tools it automaticly brings back the InstalledAAXPlugins file.

The Weed 02-28-2022 10:23 AM

Re: Waves pluggins not showing up!

First check the version of Waves you downloaded is compatible with your OS version and Pro Tools version. Second, you have to install - and authorize - Waves using Wave Central.

moes 02-28-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Weed (Post 2628928)
First check the version of Waves you downloaded is compatible with your OS version and Pro Tools version. Second, you have to install - and authorize - Waves using Wave Central.

Pro tools 12 and waves 11

moes 02-28-2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Is that good?

moes 02-28-2022 01:12 PM

help me out guys :(

EGS 02-28-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

... Second, you have to install - and authorize - Waves using Wave Central.

yep

moes 03-01-2022 12:56 AM

nope

DigiTechSupt 03-01-2022 11:09 AM

Hello moes,
  1. Is this Pro Tools First (which requires plug-ins to be purchased through our Marketplace) or Pro Tools?
  2. What is the actual version # installed? (Check file info or splash screen.)
Thank you,
DTS

albee1952 03-01-2022 01:25 PM

Indeed, Pro Tools First cannot use plugins unless they came from the Avid store. Next, there is this bit:
"If prompted to Locate the Waves plugins folder, direct to C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V13 (or whichever version is installed on your device)."

This is the location for the older 32 bit plugins and NOT where any current 64 bit plugin belongs. That should be here:
C:/Program Files/Common Files/Avid/Audio/Plugins
If they were properly installed, scroll way down and you should find a folder named "WaveShell...."