Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Pro Tools LE 8 -- No sound, but strong input signal (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=351420)

carterisgod41 02-21-2014 03:39 PM

Pro Tools LE 8 -- No sound, but strong input signal

Hey folks,

I haven't used my Pro Tools 8 and Mbox 2 in a while, and got a new laptop since then. I re-installed Pro Tools and everything, opened it, created a new track (Input 1, Output 1-2), hooked up my acoustic guitar, got a full input signal when I strummed, but there is no sound coming out. I plugged my headphones and speakers into the headphone jack to no avail. Please help me figure this out. Thanks.

Southsidemusic 02-21-2014 03:44 PM

Re: Pro Tools LE 8 -- No sound, but strong input signal

Quote:

Originally Posted by carterisgod41 (Post 2134452)
Hey folks,

I haven't used my Pro Tools 8 and Mbox 2 in a while, and got a new laptop since then. I re-installed Pro Tools and everything, opened it, created a new track (Input 1, Output 1-2), hooked up my acoustic guitar, got a full input signal when I strummed, but there is no sound coming out. I plugged my headphones and speakers into the headphone jack to no avail. Please help me figure this out. Thanks.

Hi

Goto i/o under the settings menu and make sure to press "Default" on all options like IN/OUT/AUX etc and try again when this is done :-)

Best Regards
Christopher

carterisgod41 02-21-2014 03:58 PM

No dice :( I am totally at a loss on this. Never had this problem before.

albee1952 02-21-2014 04:11 PM

Turn the MIX knob on the Mbox:o

carterisgod41 02-21-2014 05:04 PM

OK, thanks. That worked. I messed with the Mix knob before and it didn't do anything. Not sure why it worked this time. NOW I can't get any sound from the click track! :mad: Advice please.

carterisgod41 02-21-2014 05:21 PM

Again, there is a full input signal from the click, it's set up so play during play and record, and I can't hear ANYTHING. Why is this so complicated? I just want to hear the click!

carterisgod41 02-21-2014 05:54 PM

Can't hear click track & all settings are correct!

I've got the click icon selected in the transport window, i've got the volume on 12, there is a full input signal, it's set to play during play and record...why the hell can't i hear the click?

carterisgod41 02-21-2014 06:19 PM

Re: Can't hear click track & all settings are correct!

OK, now i'm realizing that it isn't just the click track. I am getting NO audio playback at all. None. Zilch. But it's picking up a signal from my guitar and recording it. I just can't hear anything played back. Including the click. Help!

carterisgod41 02-21-2014 06:48 PM

No playback audio in PT LE 8 w/ Mbox 2

I am able to record tracks, but I can't hear them back. This includes the click track.

albee1952 02-21-2014 07:21 PM

Re: No playback audio in PT LE 8 w/ Mbox 2

Turn the MIX knob:o