Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Application Manager downloads (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=366979)

rankinfile 04-15-2015 11:57 AM

Application Manager downloads

Does anyone know where the Application Manager downloads update files?

Thanks!

Benoni 04-15-2015 12:01 PM

Re: Application Manager downloads

1 Attachment(s)
Are you on Windows or Mac?

On Windows they download to

C:>AvidDownloads (hidden folder)

Attachment 3952

rankinfile 04-15-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 2254224)
Are you on Windows or Mac?

On Windows they download to

C:>AvidDownloads (hidden folder)

Attachment 3952

I'm on Mac.

hagybear 11-25-2015 01:48 AM

Hi,

On a Mac its located here :

/Library/Caches/Avid/AppManager/Downloads

john1192 11-25-2015 06:02 AM

on a mac .. when i downloaded the installer it gave me no way to save the downloaded file .. but after you hit install in the APP Manager - do nothing but go to installer in your finder / sidebar and copy the contents of that installer to a folder anywhere you like .. this is the only place that i could see the downloaded files and able to copy them - pro tool install, Documentation, etc ..

Highland 12-31-2015 05:27 PM

Local storage of App Manager downloads?

Where does App Manager store Pro Tools and related downloads on my local computer? I run PT 12.4 on both a MacPro (HD) and a MacBookPro (PT); since I cannot find and re-use the installers after searching with common-sense names, I have to download everything twice (once on each computer). I'm in a rural setting with slow internet and this is really a pain. Thanks in advance for a clear answer that describes locations for PT and related downloads on my computers (for example, Pro Tools and the First Air Instruments Bundle and First Air Effects Bundle). MacPro running OSX 10.10.4 (14E46) and MacBookPro running 10.11.2. I'm using the current App Manager, AvidApplicationManager 2.4.5 on both machines.

kurt 12-31-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hagybear (Post 2314180)
Hi,

On a Mac its located here :

/Library/Caches/Avid/AppManager/Downloads

This isn’t installer:o

Highland 01-01-2016 08:40 AM

Re: Application Manager downloads (changed)

Guys, that path is no longer valid; the folder you've described has a few smaller files in it, but not the Pro Tools Installer or any of the other large files. Avid has changed the way this operates, and removed the installers from users' access. Does anybody know how the current system operates, or a way to grab and save the files for use elsewhere? Once again, I'm on a MacPro w OS X 10.10.4 and a MacBookPro 2013 w OS X 10.11.2. Thanks again for your contributions and thoughts.

dr_daw 01-01-2016 08:53 AM

The best thing to do is get your installers from your Avid account. It's WAY faster and then you can save your installer wherever you want.

WorldStudios 01-01-2016 09:27 AM

Yep. That's the way to do it.