Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Kontact Player & Sibelius w/002 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=121390)

tbuttons 11-18-2004 04:17 PM

Kontact Player & Sibelius w/002

Just this week acquired a G-5, 002r, & Sibelius w/ Kontact Player Gold, only to read after registering the Sibelius software that the Kontact Player Gold (configured expressly for Sibelius) has major compatiblity issues with the 002! Anyone out there w/ info. Might 6.7 LE offer a fix?

Willie Myers 11-18-2004 04:29 PM

Re: Kontact Player & Sibelius w/002

hey man,

I'm one of those guys over on the Sibelius bb writing about Sib./002 problems. At least in my case, Kontakt doesn't even enter in to it. I run Sibelius in "midi-only" with all Kontakt stuff erased and I get a COS (crash on startup) *everytime* I try and launch Sib. with the 002r up and running. It's been like that for over a year now thru 2 Sibelius upgrades and 2 or 3 Digi upgrades. For me, the simple workaround is to shut the 002r off before launching Sibelius and as I'm running midi only, it doesn't matter to me ,though it's a giant PITA and a few unnecessary cycles for the 002r's power switch. But for anyone who needs to run audio thru while using Sibelius, I htink there could be a major problem. Fact is, I haven't heard of anyone on this (or Sibelius') bb mention that they are successfully running Sibelius ver 3 on a Mac running OS X Jaguar or Panther, using a Digi interface. I'm really feeling that it's either a Sibelius/OS X Firewire issure or a Sibelius/Digi Core Audio issue. Sibelius has indicated that it's a Kontakt or Digi firmware issue, but from my experience, that's not going to fly.

Jepse 01-01-2005 09:57 PM

Just read this post and as I own the same software and hoped to link the 002 with sibelius and Kontact Gold I'm sorry to hear it's not working well together. Thanks, you both saved me lots of time. Hopefully things will change in the future.

JohnDipper 01-02-2005 07:09 PM

I've got a PowerBook and a 002Rack, and had installed the Kontact player, only to discover that it always defaults its playback volume to -12dB, which is way too quiet!!! Phoned Sibelius, to ask how I reset and assign my own default playback volume to be told I couldn't and had I thought about buying a pair of headphones for when I wanted to make music on the PowerBook!

Sibelius has some VERY flakey bits, and is really not very good IMHO, I ended up deleting Kontact player, and using internal MIDI sounds, rubbish, but that seems to be Sibelius through and through. . . ;-(

I tend to use the PB's speakers to play back bits of score while PTLE is open.

Not meaning to steer this thread off on a tangent, but has anybody got a good thing to say about Sibelius 3 or any tips on making Kontact player usable?

John