Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack Standalone Editor (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=349624)

brianiac5150 01-14-2014 09:40 AM

Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Eleven Rack Editor

EDIT: I am now considering a lawsuit, as I about choked on my lunch when I opened this email and I haven't felt the same since. A bit of delirium and scratchy throat, at the same time. I may calm down in a bit, though, and reconsider the suit. They can be expensive and time-consuming. I'll have time for nothing else but my Eleven Rack anyway. OK...lawsuit off the table. Thanks, Avid!

jamsire 01-14-2014 09:42 AM

Re: Do I Get To Be The First

Just got the email myself!!!

How super awesome!

jsmineer 01-14-2014 09:42 AM

You be first. Hell has officially frozen over.

YYR123 01-14-2014 09:46 AM

Do I Get To Be The First

Officially frozen - nice email

They win the surprised the hell out of me category for the month

Goodwin Audio 01-14-2014 09:46 AM

I got the email submitted my info and the Thank You page is Blank?!!! Anyone else?

derker 01-14-2014 09:49 AM

Yeah!

Um....

What? Blank page for me too.

junkgear 01-14-2014 09:51 AM

I escalated the missing download links to Avid. They should be back shortly.

Goodwin Audio 01-14-2014 09:53 AM

Thanks!!!

jamsire 01-14-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodwin Audio (Post 2121189)
I got the email submitted my info and the Thank You page is Blank?!!! Anyone else?

And we're back where we started. Arghhhhh!:mad:

Cowboy Bob 01-14-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Yup same here

bredo 01-14-2014 10:20 AM

Blank here as well. Trying again later.

Hell, I have waited four years. Now I can't wait four minutes ;-).

brianiac5150 01-14-2014 10:22 AM

Edit: Rawk!

ecalcagnino 01-14-2014 10:27 AM

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.

nymapper 01-14-2014 10:27 AM

Free Editor Download

I got a message from Avid to download the free standalone editor for Eleven Rack.
I registered on the site but there was no download link on the page.
Has anyone been able to download the editor software ?

Jay_uk 01-14-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

ditto.
always drama there has to be drama no matter how small

mactools 01-14-2014 10:34 AM

Eleven Rack Editor? Was this a scam? Nothing there

hey I got a link for an eleven rack editor. I put in my info and it goes no where.. was this a scam

http://apps.avid.com/eleven-rack/?el...q_cid=10372201

oh i see.. its the same people who designed the healthcare website my bad.. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA just busting on you..

junkgear 01-14-2014 10:40 AM

Re: Eleven Rack Editor? Was this a scam? Nothing there

Quote:

Originally Posted by mactools (Post 2121217)
hey I got a link for an eleven rack editor. I put in my info and it goes no where.. was this a scam

Hang in there. Avid is aware and will have the links up soon.

RLSinOP 01-14-2014 10:40 AM

Eleven Rack Editor

I got the email for the Editor. When I registered it took me to a page to download it (it said "below") but there was nothing there. Any ideas?

Benoni 01-14-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bredo (Post 2121208)
Blank here as well. Trying again later.

Hell, I have waited four years. Now I can't wait four minutes ;-).

That's a good attitude to have ;)

Zarabozo 01-14-2014 10:49 AM

New Eleven Rack Editor (Standalone!)

From an email I got today from Avid:
New Eleven Rack Editor

Reconfigure your 'Rack fast

You made it your #1 request, and we're thrilled to deliver what you asked for. Meet the new Eleven® Rack Editor—a 64-bit standalone version of the Eleven Rack Control Window found in Pro Tools® 10 and earlier software that provides a more intuitive way to get the sounds you need from your rig, faster.
  • Easily configure Eleven Rack using your Mac or PC, without launching Pro Tools
  • Change guitar pedal, amp, and speaker settings using the graphical interface
  • Download and play thousands of presets from elevenrackpresets.com and other portals
Get it now by downloading your free Eleven Rack Editor and have what you need to embrace Pro Tools 11 fully.

Tony Cariddi 01-14-2014 11:21 AM

Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Hello fellow shredders,

The Eleven Rack email announcement went out earlier than planned, unfortunately, which is why the download isn't available. The good news is that we are really excited about this release and are planning to get the installers posted soon.

Apologies for the confusion and stay tuned (pun intended),
Tony

Jay_uk 01-14-2014 11:29 AM

Well at least we can say: we heard it here first. :D
Thats not normally the case

Roland Shaak 01-14-2014 12:02 PM

Gee guess what? :eek:

"Your free Eleven Rack Editor application awaits—just downloads :rolleyes: it below. Please note that the Eleven Rack Editor only works with Eleven Rack systems and requires a 64-bit operating system—Windows 8, Windows 7, or OS X 10.8 or later."

WHO INTHE HELL checks their code, Cheetah?

Since i scrambled out to get this thing in April 2011 and my bad boy win 7 x64 machine nothing but "words better describe" dumb ***** mistakes - that is what test teams are for, not working studios.

usability or finding weird bugs that DO appear should be secondary. They are understandable and users know that (except when it happens to them when they are in their happy place) :mad: but bugs are understandable, crap like this is “fodder” :D

(I should have told the ACA guys that eh?) :confused:

Why did i fire up all my crap and attempt to download this thing and play with it (imagine that) to find out;

1) No method to log on to my CURRENT ACCOUNT to retrieve download from my "locker" on AVID'S cloud. :mad:

2) Why do i have to register, you have all my silly crap i HOPE on a database somewhere.... :p

3) AND there is no damn down load link - i split Redmond to get outta there..Because of this crap. :confused::mad::rolleyes:

Poor showing, you guys have got to put more resources into pre RTC testing not all users are kids with bedroom racks eh?

Killer product + killer customer service = $$ :cool:

PS thanks for telling us though, because notifications for me haven’t worked too well- Thanks really for doing the editor….mostly (the site’s gotta work)
OBVIOSLY but things seem to be getting better -R

yes i am back smart assess fully retired and set up FINALLY .....bring it- i haven't been abused enough by the wife lately :D (should have a smiley with a missing tooth.....) (the abduance of smileys is due to medical 'erbage and damn good coffee). :rolleyes:

Roland Shaak 01-14-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Cariddi (Post 2121231)
Hello fellow shredders,

The Eleven Rack email announcement went out earlier than planned, unfortunately, which is why the download isn't available. The good news is that we are really excited about this release and are planning to get the installers posted in the next few days.

Tony

Thanks Tony - it happens, i wish i would have SEEN this before I.... :p -R

RLSinOP 01-14-2014 12:09 PM

Note to:

Tony Cariddi
Avid
Audio Marketing Director

Tony, will you please send another email announcement or post a reply that the link is active? I really don't want to have to check it manually 37 times a day (yes, I'm very eager for this) to see if the link is working.

Thanks in advance,
RLSinOP

derker 01-14-2014 12:20 PM

Hey Roland, why don't you tell us how you really feel? :D

Tony- (if you read this) I think all of us really appreciate the existence of this upcoming application. A lot of us have been waiting a really *really* long time for this, you can easily check how long I've been waiting for it because I was the only who originally posted it on ideascale...

I've been told at a popular retailer that Eleven Rack has been officially discontinued. Can we get an official confirmation one way or the other please? I think a little clarification would be appreciated by everyone and would help settle the debate on whether or not Eleven Rack is a "dead" product.

Thanks in advance.

YYR123 01-14-2014 12:38 PM

How in the world did that happen?

Ciscokid 01-14-2014 12:46 PM

So I wait for 3 years and they finally release it and it's not compatible with my 32bit XP machine.

I'm really pleased for all the other folks who will be able to run it as some have waited even longer than me.

Would it really have been that hard to release it on all the platforms?

Thanks Avid you guys are the best.

Tony Cariddi 01-14-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLSinOP (Post 2121239)
Note to:
Tony, will you please send another email announcement or post a reply that the link is active? I really don't want to have to check it manually 37 times a day (yes, I'm very eager for this) to see if the link is working.
RLSinOP

Yes, of course, we will post an update to this thread and also send an announcement when the software is posted. (We wouldn't want to see you get carpal tunnel from checking the website in anticipation!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by derker (Post 2121241)
Hey Roland, why don't you tell us how you really feel? :D

Tony- (if you read this) I think all of us really appreciate the existence of this upcoming application. A lot of us have been waiting a really *really* long time for this, you can easily check how long I've been waiting for it because I was the only who originally posted it on ideascale...

I've been told at a popular retailer that Eleven Rack has been officially discontinued. Can we get an official confirmation one way or the other please? I think a little clarification would be appreciated by everyone and would help settle the debate on whether or not Eleven Rack is a "dead" product.

Glad to hear you're excited about this as we are. And I'm happy to confirm that Eleven Rack is definitely not discontinued. Announcement of this Editor app should be proof of that too. Long live Eleven Rack!

Tony

YYR123 01-14-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Cariddi (Post 2121260)
Long live Eleven Rack!

Tony

Yeah buddy !!! Really nice box

derker 01-14-2014 01:20 PM

Thanks for the response, Tony. It's very nice to have communication with you guys on this forum again. It's been quiet for a long time.

Roland Shaak 01-14-2014 01:30 PM

"Long live Eleven Rack!"

I agree.....

Thank you and no Decker that is NOT how i felt but it was early i had charged up to only 17% tolorence level, one bowl too little and a frizzing new Krups due to the hideous water o this island - i should wait and never early adopt again.

no more early adopting Porsche turbos, pre 21 year old Trancas girls and no more adopting the stinking "next best thing" NO MORE...NO :eek: (had to stick one in there)

But wait, i NEED that ear wax vacum, and cinnmon roll auto-maker, and my packable auto feeder (that would be for humans).... a lot left in the guts of that hardware ..eh? Nice DSP's higher end audio chips (LME us) NE553X migrate to LME, OPA's series make them the stocked compnonets -Aw but you know that eh?

Thanks -AVID

Now we wait with baited breath - a fishing hook caught my lip! :p

mactools 01-14-2014 01:55 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAH.... MESSED UP!!! some IT guy needs to learn the phrase... WANT FRIES WITH THAT? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Righty27 01-14-2014 01:56 PM

Great news on the editor + ER support in general ... thanks Tony!

I wonder if there's anything else up Avid's sleeve for NAMM ... surely an iPad app of some sort?! :)

PRSWILL 01-14-2014 01:58 PM

How about a stand alone editor for those of us running PT 10 on OSX 10.6.8???

zedhed 01-14-2014 02:02 PM

Hallel....fricken....ujah. It's here at last :D
Well...nearly :-) At least we now know it's actually coming.

Thank you Avid for keeping our Oranges fresh ;)

YYR123 01-14-2014 02:34 PM

Hallel indeed zed

Next week is better than never

It had to be planed for sure to create buzz

MadisonV44 01-14-2014 03:29 PM

Despite the big deception :confused: ... now we know that something is cooking. But please serve it hot because we are a little bit hungry after such a wait without communication.

Very good news anyway !

BOBZILLA 01-14-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Cariddi (Post 2121231)
Hello fellow shredders,

The Eleven Rack email announcement went out earlier than planned, unfortunately, which is why the download isn't available. The good news is that we are really excited about this release and are planning to get the installers posted soon.

Tony

Dear Tony;
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!! I had Lost my PT10 that came with my Eleven Rack last year,and couldn't access any of the Preset Sharing,and Editing features via Windows, Started to get frustrated with just making my own presets,most started sounding alike :P. NOW,I am STOKED That I'll be able to use the new STANDALONE EDITOR,I Haven't been THIS Happy since I got my ELEVEN RACK in the FIRST PLACE,CANNOT WAIT TO SEE WHAT I'VE BEEN MISSING! THANKS TONY,THANKS AVID!!!
Bob Malin
Lindenwold,NJ

Benoni 01-14-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBZILLA (Post 2121327)
Dear Tony;
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!! I had Lost my PT10 that came with my Eleven Rack last year,and couldn't access any of the Preset Sharing,and Editing features via Windows, Started to get frustrated with just making my own presets,most started sounding alike :P. NOW,I am STOKED That I'll be able to use the new STANDALONE EDITOR,I Haven't been THIS Happy since I got my ELEVEN RACK in the FIRST PLACE,CANNOT WAIT TO SEE WHAT I'VE BEEN MISSING! THANKS TONY,THANKS AVID!!!
Bob Malin
Lindenwold,NJ

If you registered your Pro Tools 10 purchase you should be able to confirm that in your Avid account or at least on iLok.com

What did you lose? The installer/disc or the iLok/License?