Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

doylemusic 05-10-2005 10:11 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Sharritan (Scott)

Personally, I wouldn't even pay attention or converse with either Bubba or Doc. Neither one of them will provide you with an ounce of good insight. Bubba still reliving his days as drum major and the only time I get anything worthwhile from Doc is if you call him at 2 in the morning. I'll send ya his number.

There is a guy on the board named STREETS that provide excellent input. Hunt him down!!

Just messing with ya (Be sure to read Doc's follow up to this ). Good to see you posting stuff up. Did you ever do anything more with the tune we talked about?

doylemusic 05-10-2005 10:12 PM

Doc

Still doesn't work.

IntelDoc 05-10-2005 10:16 PM

Doyle,
Tighten up with your Wnblows skillz... I just downloaded the file and it worked...

Mr. Smart..... I will call you in a bit to make sure you are good.. :-)

- Doc

bigbubbaj 05-10-2005 10:18 PM

Doc -

Nice rough cut.

Drums raw sound are good. I actually LOVE your guitar sound. Kind of minimalist for you but it works.

You need more reverb on the whole thing brother...your ceilings are a bit low to give the OH's enough room to blossom. (mine are too! )

I know its really rough and you get soooo excited to post all this for us. Thanks!

Good start!

IntelDoc 05-10-2005 10:24 PM

Quote:

know its really rough and you get soooo excited to post all this for us. Thanks!

Like a kid in a candy store.... Fired up that my drums fianlly are somewhat dialed in..

Reverb will happen...

- Doc

Third Eye Studios 05-10-2005 10:29 PM

Hey again Doc,

The link worked for me this time. Sounds like an awesome start. The fundamental tones are really good, and should be great to mix!! The kick is nice and solid, has that D6 sound for sure. Snare is great. The vocals sound really good, way to go 435!! Should be a fun project for you when it gets rolling.

IntelDoc 05-10-2005 10:39 PM

I am bouncing it right now with a bit more verb to fill it out... late night, and time for bed, but I will post it back in a sec. Should be good...

- Doc

IntelDoc 05-10-2005 10:53 PM

Here is a tad more vocals and some plate Lexicon on the drums. Just a tad. Warmer...

PLACE 2

- Doc

tempest18 05-11-2005 02:04 AM

Quote:

All,
I tracked an old clinet tonight with his band this time. This is a new project that I am starting that should last for a few weeks. 12 songs are planned. Tonight I think that I got the best drums I have ever tracked. Had a different approach and consulted deeply with Mr. Cavell on some things. I think that they worked nicely. Also took a different approach to levels going in, and so far all is well. This is a bounce of the session with only the L2 on the track. There are no Eq's at all. The vocals and guitar are rough,and SCRATCH. The drums were the focus tonight.

Chain for them were

KICK - Audix D6 - Vintech X73i - Apogee Rosetta (best kick I have ever gotten)
Snare - SM-57 - Vintech X73i - 1176 - Apogee Rosetta
Tom 1 - Digipre - Rosetta
Tom 2 - Digipre - Rosetta
Tom 3 - Digipre - Rosetta
Floor - Digipre - Rosetta
Overheads - (ORTF) - Digipre - Rosetta
Hi-hat - SM-7B - Trident - 002 converters. (not really used a hat mic before, but liked it)

Guitar - Direct to 1272
Vocals - APEX 435 - 1272 - 1176 - 002 converters. (That is the sheer sound of the 435 if you wanted to know. and that is SCRATCH!

REVERB - TRUEverb
Delay - 2 tap (subtle)

Here ya go:

PLACE

Should be a good product when complete.

- Doc

When I first listened the verse reminded me of Daughters by John Mayer,

As far as the recording goes, the drums sound great. They've got some real nice punch to them

Good job

Chris Tempest

Andi R 05-11-2005 03:41 AM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

you are very welcome.

what bad critics?