Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

mlemos 02-07-2002 11:39 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Nicke, great stuff.
Especially the Cryptopsy, Carcass(Heatwork) like thick and brutal guitars. They even sounded big on my notebook computer speakers.
The singer is no Jens Kidman but good nonetheless.

I would love to hear your stuff on a good stereo. It must sound enormous.

Good luck,
Marc

Roy Howell 02-07-2002 11:17 PM

Nicke,

Fantastic man! In the Death Metal arena, this is excellent in my opinion. I don't know it you've heard IOP Drummer's stuff(Asylum) in this DUC topic, but you should check it out too.

I'm curious about the guitar(s). Obviously, they're tuned down to at least a C, but are they 7-string guitars, and if so, what make and string gauges are used?(if you don't mind getting that specific). I really would like to know, because all stringed instruments fascinate me regardless.

I like the arrangements too, because you do some cool musical 'diversions', rather than just start to finish same straight energy(like some Death Metal). Like on 'Temple of Skin' just before the 3:00 mark, on this obviously short version. Now, that is sweet... Great guitars, man...

Thanks, Roy

Milco 02-08-2002 02:51 AM

J Franz...........very impressive
Bigredbutton.....great recording, it would have been intrested to hear a more personalized version but great recording anyway

Here's my first track done on Pro tools....hasn't been properly mixed yet.....let me know what you think!!!!!!
Milco

Milco 02-08-2002 02:55 AM

maybe if I give you the link you might have an easier time listening to it......
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/357/milco.html

Dr.John 02-08-2002 05:42 AM

here is some stuff from the pop/love song genre:

drenching wet love songs, brought to you by PTLE

Dr.John

Nicke 02-08-2002 06:10 AM

Roy,

Cool that you like it!

The guitars are tuned down to B.
I used my Ibanez Artist for rhythm + leads and Ibanez Ghostrider for leads (both 6-stings) with original microphones.
D’Addario XL Jazz medium gauge strings .013-0.56

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J Franze 02-08-2002 07:07 AM

Man, I love the diversity of music on this list...

Nicke - I had a chance to listen to your songs, and I think they rock. It's good to hear some driving music. I realy like the guitar tone.

Milco - Sounds good so far. If that's your rough mix, then your off to a great start.

Dr. John - I can't believe how much your tunes sound like Survivor. They've always been one of my favorite bands.

Bigredbottom - Your Floyd tunes sound cool...

~J

soundsurfr 02-08-2002 09:58 AM

Nicke, I still can't get to your stuff. The links I tried get me to some sexy underwear site in a foreign language, which I liked, but I had my heart set on hearing some death metal.

Sound
www.soundsurfr.com

Roy Howell 02-08-2002 10:28 AM

soundsurfr, Have you tried the link Jorge442 condensed for me a few posts up from here? That got it for me...I saw the link you've been getting...looks like something from 'Blade Runner', doesn't it?... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Jorge442 02-08-2002 01:32 PM

Hi Roy, I recently downloaded and installed the real player. I´m thinking that maybe it associated itself to certain file types that were previously handled by the WMP.
Thinking back, WMP is the only program that´s given me problems with streaming stuff. Real player always worked and so did QuickTime......

BTW, if you wanna try to get the real player happening, check under it´s preferences (¨view¨ menu), go to the proxy tab and check ¨use my web browsers htpp proxy¨

cheers

jorge