Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

NoviceDollars 10-28-2002 02:21 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Roy, SSRJazz:

Thank you much for those excellent suggestions. I'm very new to this. Your ideas both make a lot of sense.

As for replacing the kick or snare, this is all done with a live drum set, the whole kit at once, so i cannot disassemble the drums individually. Even though I used a AGK112 for the bass drum, the SM57 snare mic pretty much got the bleed from everything. I've had such a hard time with drum machines. With the live kit, i got the feel i wanted, but i sacrificed some separation. it's a loop of course, but from a home-made library.

i agree the guitar is a bit combatitive at times. i just liked it so much because it was a real-time play through. i ended up having to chop it a bit for the 3 minute version.

anyway, you might be starting to see the niche i'm tryin to build. i want an acoustic approach to hip hop recording/production. this was my first attempt outside the 4-track world.

A lot to be done. I thank you both again, sincerely. I will post when I have revised.

sean.

mjames08 10-28-2002 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Roy Howell:
mjames08,
Man, I am so impressed by all 3 of these songs, I truly am. 'Last Night', 'Rope and Ribbon', and 'Frequent Flyer' all show the band's (SURF's) obvious style, but each song is unique and well written. The thing that really gets me though, are the vocals and good lyrics. This may be strange as a comparison, but there's something very Beach Boys about the vocals at times to me.(and man, that should be taken as a compliment, because even the Beatles admired Beach Boys vocals).
Whether you did this in your garage or a killer studio, it's obviously heartfelt music, and you did a great job, im my opinion. Please let me know when you have anything new. Good luck and thanks... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ~Roy

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for the compliments! In the next two weeks we are going to be mixing our 5 Song EP which will include two of the songs I posted on MP3.COM. I will mail you a copy of the finished product if you send me an email!

Roy Howell 10-28-2002 04:33 PM

mjames08,
I would definitely like a CD..... Thanks, Roy

metaltim 10-28-2002 06:24 PM

I have a new song(to you guys anyway) up. It's my epic, clocking in at over 8 minutes. It's actually the first song I ever wrote, just over 2 years ago.
www.geocities.com/metaltim
The song in the spotlight is "Killing Me"
Suggestion: Fire one up and just chill

Also the song "mask" has been put up since the last time I posted here, so if you'd like, you can give that one a try.

All comments are welcomed with heart..

Quote:

By:Captain_Pants
Hello Fellow DUC'ers.
I have a version of Depeche Mode's Enjoy The Silence that I am working on. I know on the first verse there are a few off key spots, and when I learn how to handle them vocally, I will re-sing and repost, but if anyone would like to listen to the song as it is now(complete less the 1st verse) then go right ahead. If you want to avoid hearing the sour notes, play it loud!

The link is here:
http://Basstardz.dhs.org/enjoy.mp3
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Captain - Great song. Almost everytime I pick up my acoustic, that is one I play. I have a low voice, so DM is right in my vocal range...

SSRJazz 10-29-2002 12:54 AM

Novicedollars:

my input on your mix:

bring the level on the drums down a bit...and bring up the overall level of the master mix...the drums are way out in front overpowering everything else...

other than that...sounds pretty good..

mixmasterc 10-30-2002 07:47 PM

Hello,

Check out one of my songs. All done on a Digi 001.

Here

gman101 11-01-2002 02:34 PM

Hello all..

Have'nt been by much lately. But I have been workin a few things. Anyways, my latest mix.
Lemme know what ya think.

http://members.shaw.ca/oneohone/worldscollidedmix.mp3

Regards,
Gman

Hadjipita 11-02-2002 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by elijahsongs:
Hadjipita,

Just wanted to say that I love the song and that I've actually been a fan since you posted a long time ago (as Hadji, I think). I checked them out on mp3.com and I checked out thier website and they're just great. What's the word? EP coming out? I thought you guys were making a full record... Anyway, do tell... I think they're great and you've done a wonderful job... and I'd love to get my hands on whatever recordings they/you are coming out with. Let me know.

Thanks,

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">elijahsongs thanks allot ... the band and myslef both appreciate it ... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

we laid down 8 song ep over the summer ... The band is sorting out possible prospects for release ... DIY vs indie etc ... But soon [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ... keep checkin their site ... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

lata ...

DDP 11-06-2002 10:22 PM

wow, no posts since the 1st?? is everyone on vacation?
if ya got the time, check out one of these two little dittys. "feel it again" is the heavest thing i've done in years(but nothing compared some of the stuff on here!) and "sots" is just plain different for me.

DDP 11-06-2002 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DDP:
wow, no posts since the 1st?? is everyone on vacation?
if ya got the time, check out one of these two little dittys. "feel it again" is the heavest thing i've done in years(but nothing compared some of the stuff on here!) and "sots" is just plain different for me.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">maybe a link would make it a little more popular?
http://www.unclesaltyscabin.com/id17.htm