Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Novation Automap 4 and PT 10 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=327975)

Moviesound 09-12-2012 01:48 PM

Novation Automap 4 and PT 10

Has anyone got Automap 4 working with PT 10? I have tried everything including countless re installs and still every time I click on an insert to open a plugin in Pro Tools, I get an immediate crash. The only way I seem to avoid this is to completely uninstall Automap.

Anyone had this?

Moviesound 09-12-2012 11:55 PM

Re: Novation Automap 4 and PT 10

Hmm.. Well many views, but no replys, so I guess that means no one is using it!

Dirk Reinking 09-13-2012 02:53 AM

i sold my novation midi keyboard.. nothing but trouble with automap.. sorry for not being a help :(

zOap 09-13-2012 02:06 PM

Well, since Novations not supporting AAX(as of yet) this might be the problem. Bummer though, I really like using it as a plugin only controller and monitor leveler.

Or are you trying to set it up as a HUI? That seems to work for me... Not using it though since My MC Control is doing a great job :) Not switching that one for bigger consoles, not for anything. Great device!

necjamc 09-13-2012 04:35 PM

Mine actually works ok, but won't auto switch with waves plugs. I did have issues in the beginning that required reinstalls. On my Mac it worked good, on windows I somehow got corrupted plugins and automap destroyed pro tools entirely. Even a reinstall of pro tools wouldn't help. I would get a crash during loading pro tools. I ended up doing a complete OS reinstall. My suggestion would be to make sure you've got the most up to date version of automap (4.3 or 4.4 I think ). And reconfigure automap on your plug ins again. Only advice I can give. But it's a pain in the butt for sure.

Dirk Reinking 09-13-2012 11:25 PM

yes that's what i did .. setting it up with the hui protocol .. worked ok exept of the loop button.. without wrapping the plugins.

Moviesound 09-14-2012 12:31 AM

Weirdly, I have suddenly got it to work. By reinstalling, trashing prefs etc etc, but I did nothing differently to what I did before. It just worked. Does worry me though how flakey it seems.
Didnt know you could control plugins by not wrapping them? How do you do that?

Dirk Reinking 09-14-2012 01:24 AM

just untick all plugins in the novation manager... that way you can still control the PT transport.

boneboy 09-16-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk Reinking (Post 1964093)
just untick all plugins in the novation manager... that way you can still control the PT transport.

I dumped the Automap software completely and just use the keyboard as a midi/USB controller. Got too many random crashes everyday. Now that the software is gone I rarely, if ever crash. 10.2 HD has been solid for me because of that.