Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Pro Tools Annual Upgrade and Support Plan Question. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=387138)

philip888 12-11-2016 12:38 PM

Pro Tools Annual Upgrade and Support Plan Question.

I have a native Perpetual Product.
My annual upgrade plan and standard support are up at the end of this month.
Am I reading this correctly that to renew them both it will be $198?

Southsidemusic 12-11-2016 06:03 PM

Re: Pro Tools Annual Upgrade and Support Plan Question.

Yes if you want both support and annual plan then it is $199 :-) or $198 ..

philip888 12-12-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2400640)
Yes if you want both support and annual plan then it is $199 :-) or $198 ..

How do I get the 2 year for 1 year promotional deal?

Drew Mazurek 12-12-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philip888 (Post 2400785)
How do I get the 2 year for 1 year promotional deal?

Just renew directly or with your dealer apparently.

http://www.avid.com/special-offers/g...upgrades-on-us

philip888 12-12-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2400787)

Thank you for the response.

Does this offer include the standard support and plugins also?

Or is this the upgrade plan only?

Carl Kolchak 12-12-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2400787)

Pretty sure that only applies if you've already let your support plan expire ( or you never bought in to the upgrade plan - and are on PT 9, 10, or 11).

That upgrade + 1 year free is NOT $99, it's the cost of the reinstatement fee - $299, and you get the additional 2nd year of support (worth $99) thrown in too.

As always with Avid, it pays dividends NOT to be loyal, but to hold out for a better offer - more so with the new business model, than ever before : when Avid used to release a major upgrade every few years, you could make an informed decision, based up features etc, whether the upgrade had value to you - now you pay up front, and hope that Avid deliver something worthwhile somewhere along the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michael c 12-13-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Kolchak (Post 2400814)
Pretty sure that only applies if you've already let your support plan expire ( or you never bought in to the upgrade plan - and are on PT 9, 10, or 11).

That upgrade + 1 year free is NOT $99, it's the cost of the reinstatement fee - $299, and you get the additional 2nd year of support (worth $99) thrown in too.

As always with Avid, it pays dividends NOT to be loyal, but to hold out for a better offer - more so with the new business model, than ever before : when Avid used to release a major upgrade every few years, you could make an informed decision, based up features etc, whether the upgrade had value to you - now you pay up front, and hope that Avid deliver something worthwhile somewhere along the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any 'special' like this for HD users? Are are we left out in the cold as usual....

Park Seward 12-13-2016 10:08 AM

I just renewed and only see one year.

* You can reinstate an expired upgrade plan at any time by purchasing a Pro Tools Upgrade Reinstatement Plan for $299, but the complimentary year of upgrades offer is only available if you activate your plan between December 8-31, 2016. Plan renewals are just $99/year thereafter.

Another comment. I purchased a upgrade in November of last year. I did it early so I would not forget and get hit with a big fee for Reinstatement. I assumed it would take effect at the end of the year. WRONG. I lost a month of the upgrade. Not it says my plan expired in November, not the end of December. Doesn't seem right.

Barry Johns 12-13-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Park Seward (Post 2400983)

* You can reinstate an expired upgrade plan at any time by purchasing a Pro Tools Upgrade Reinstatement Plan for $299, but the complimentary year of upgrades offer is only available if you activate your plan between December 8-31, 2016. Plan renewals are just $99/year thereafter.

Another comment. I purchased a upgrade in November of last year. I did it early so I would not forget and get hit with a big fee for Reinstatement. I assumed it would take effect at the end of the year. WRONG. I lost a month of the upgrade. Not it says my plan expired in November, not the end of December. Doesn't seem right.

That's insane!!!!

jeffro 12-13-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Park Seward (Post 2400983)

That offer is for Reinstatement ($299) not Renewal ($99). Please review the text you quoted:
You can reinstate an expired upgrade plan at any time by purchasing a Pro Tools Upgrade Reinstatement Plan for $299, but the complimentary year of upgrades offer is only available if you activate your plan between December 8-31, 2016. Plan renewals are just $99/year thereafter.
Quote:

Renewals extend the plan 1 year from original expiration, you don't lose any time by renewing early. Your Order History shows a Pro Tools Upgrade Plan purchased 11/28/2015 (which is also reflected by the product in your Avid account) so that's when your Plan started. You renewed that on 12/13/2016 (within the grace period for your original plan) so your Avid account is correct when it shows "Time Period: Nov 28, 2015 - to - Nov 27, 2017" for your Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan.