Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Buy & Sell (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ProTools Ultimate perpetual License for sale (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=416329)

protoolsuserman 07-26-2021 04:56 AM

Re: ProTools Ultimate perpetual License for sale

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardi (Post 2608787)
Unless I’m mistaken, I believe new perpetual licenses only include the current version of PT. So if he bought it new 6 months ago, then he would only have access to PT2020 and above.

I could be wrong, but that’s how I recall it being. If so, it would explain why the OP is selling and chasing an older version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This[emoji1318]

Sent from my CPH1917 using Tapatalk

JFreak 07-26-2021 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardi (Post 2608787)
Unless I’m mistaken, I believe new perpetual licenses only include the current version of PT. So if he bought it new 6 months ago, then he would only have access to PT2020 and above.

I don't know if I should say this or not, but I say it anyway as it is just logical reasoning and not a trade secret.

Once the license was named from "Pro Tools 12" to "Pro Tools Perpetual" in 12.6 all PT cares for is the RELEASE LIMIT date which needs to be on or later than the PT software you wish to use was released. So, if your RELEASE LIMIT is today, technically you can use anything from 12.6 until today.

EULA forbids that however, so bear that in mind. Same goes for subscriptions. For all of you who wish to break your EULA, Avid Download Center is your friend.

pl007 07-26-2021 05:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
On my iLok account it looks like below:

Sardi 07-26-2021 06:15 AM

ProTools Ultimate perpetual License for sale

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2608796)
I don't know if I should say this or not, but I say it anyway as it is just logical reasoning and not a trade secret.

Once the license was named from "Pro Tools 12" to "Pro Tools Perpetual" in 12.6 all PT cares for is the RELEASE LIMIT date which needs to be on or later than the PT software you wish to use was released. So, if your RELEASE LIMIT is today, technically you can use anything from 12.6 until today.

EULA forbids that however, so bear that in mind. Same goes for subscriptions. For all of you who wish to break your EULA, Avid Download Center is your friend.

Ok. Interesting fact. But, how does that help the OP run v11? v12potentially, but definitely not v11.

You don’t get v10, v11 etc with a new license right? AFAIK, it’s only us older users that upgraded from those versions that have access to them.

But interesting to know that a current license can go back to 12.6. OP did mention Yosemite which 12.6 is qualified for, so perhaps he can run use his current license after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFreak 07-26-2021 08:37 AM

Let me repeat myself, you are breaking End User License Agreement if you use the license in a way it is not intended to be used, but it is still same license and tehcnically works on versions 12.6 and later, so long as RELASE LIMIT is okay with the software version. As always, everyone is responsible for their own actions.

Southsidemusic 07-26-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pl007 (Post 2608804)
On my iLok account it looks like below:

So you can run HD10/HD11HD12 and up as the license bundle you have on your ilok opens licenses specified there which is included and I have opened HD11 with an Ultimate 2020 license. Its just name changes.

protoolsuserman 07-26-2021 03:12 PM

My license won't let me run hd11 or 12 hence my sale.

I'm not bothered to upgrade my whole system just to be able to run the latest pro tools.

Still for sale btw [emoji23]

Bump

solarduan 07-30-2021 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protoolsuserman (Post 2608876)
My license won't let me run hd11 or 12 hence my sale.

I'm not bothered to upgrade my whole system just to be able to run the latest pro tools.

Still for sale btw [emoji23]

Bump

Hi I am interested in this license, is it still available for sale?

protoolsuserman 07-30-2021 03:47 AM

Yes

protoolsuserman 07-31-2021 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarduan (Post 2609241)
Hi I am interested in this license, is it still available for sale?

Yes hit me up !