Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Is my PT9 HD iLok good for a PT 2021 Ultimate Crossgrade? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=415040)

innerbooty 04-19-2021 12:25 PM

Is my PT9 HD iLok good for a PT 2021 Ultimate Crossgrade?

Hi,
I am new to the modern ways of Avid, and I'm still trying to figure it out. I've always just bought Pro Tools, owned it, and used it. Now it seems I will be renting it. I just bought a used HDX card and I want to get a Pro Tools Ultimate plan. My current system is an HD2 Accel running the PT9 HD Bundle off an iLok. I bought that system used, and never registered it. Could I still be eligible for the PT 9 HD crossgrade, if I surrender the PT9 Bundle license off of the iLok? Or does it need to have been officially registered under my name? Would I do this through Avid? Am I correct in understanding that there is a crossgrade offer for PT 9 HD users?

Any info about whether I can do this, and if so, how to go about it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

nst7 04-19-2021 12:37 PM

Re: Is my PT9 HD iLok good for a PT 2021 Ultimate Crossgrade?

Regardless of whether you registered it, or just have the Ilok license, it would appear the only actual crossgrade available is for a 2 year subscription to Ultimate ($1198 I think).

The only upgrade available is for those with HD11.

In your case, you will most likely have to just buy Ultimate software perpetual license outright for $2599. Or get it bundled with an HDX core card, which you could then combine with your existing HDX card you got used, and together make an HDX 2 card system.

innerbooty 04-19-2021 12:51 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. So the Crossgrade is only to a Perpetual license, and only for PT 11 HD, is that correct? I had been assuming I'd just be signing up for an Ultimate subscription plan anyway, not Perpetual. Just wanted to verify that I wouldn't be missing out on a possible discount before I went ahead and paid for a year subscription...

JFreak 04-19-2021 04:13 PM

No, crossgrade means giving up your license for discounted subscription

innerbooty 04-20-2021 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not to beat a dead horse here, but... I was getting ready to purchase the Ultimate 1-year up front subscription and realized that this page is where I see that a discounted crossgrade is available for "PT 9 HD and Later", with or without any active support plan. Wouldn't that be me, if I have the PT9 HD Bundle on an iLok? Not a huge deal, but looks like I could save $200... (I'm irked I missed out on the 50% off Ultimate deal that ended 3/26).

I emailed Avid sales. Didn't expect a response, and haven't gotten one.

Screenshot attached... thanks!

matchmix 04-22-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerbooty (Post 2600089)
Not to beat a dead horse here, but... I was getting ready to purchase the Ultimate 1-year up front subscription and realized that this page is where I see that a discounted crossgrade is available for "PT 9 HD and Later", with or without any active support plan. Wouldn't that be me, if I have the PT9 HD Bundle on an iLok? Not a huge deal, but looks like I could save $200... (I'm irked I missed out on the 50% off Ultimate deal that ended 3/26).

I emailed Avid sales. Didn't expect a response, and haven't gotten one.

Screenshot attached... thanks!

If you have a HD 9 lincese you still can purchase a reinstatement upgrade and have a perpetual Ultimate 2021 license instead of subscription

JFreak 04-22-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matchmix (Post 2600347)
If you have a HD 9 lincese you still can purchase a reinstatement upgrade and have a perpetual Ultimate 2021 license instead of subscription

... but not from Avid. If you can find a reseller who still has "reinstatement" codes, then yes, but "renewal" is not going to work unless the plan is already active (which it is not if you have PT9).