Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Operating System held of Interrupts for TOO LONG Message - Please Help (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=251359)

protoolsuserman 08-03-2009 03:16 PM

The Operating System held of Interrupts for TOO LONG Message - Please Help

Hi there

I am new to this forum

I have searched many other posts on this forum relating to the same issue, but none of the resolutions posted on here have helped me.

I really am at a dead end.

Even re-formatted the system HDD and re-installed pro tools 8 and everything else with it and my plugins.

The plugins are all up to date on my system and I have optimised my mac pro to work as digidesign have said on thier site.

I also have a liquid mix 32 which is connected via a siig firewire chipset pci express card and runs fine with no problems.

The problem I have is this error message coming up quite frequently whilst I am working on sessions which is becoming very irritating.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...e/DSCF3207.jpg

I phoned digidesign UK up and they told me I need to phone thier premium phone line at £1 a minute, are they taking the P**s?

I have laid out enough for the equipment, I don't deem it necessary to pay even more out to them!:mad:

Please could someone help me?

Many Thanks

Rob :)

The Dougfather 08-03-2009 03:30 PM

Re: The Operating System held of Interrupts for TOO LONG Message - Please Help

Read the general troubleshooting sticky and the help us help you section.

What mac, what interface, is this when using VI's or audio, are your sessions on an external firewire drive???

protoolsuserman 08-03-2009 03:35 PM

My bad I thought this site told you at the bottom of each post.

Mac Pro 2x 2.8 ghz intel quad cores
2x Monitors
ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT with 256 MB of GDDR3 SDRAM (two dual-link DVI ports)
SIIG Firewire PCI Express Card
4gb ram
500GB System Drive (Western Digital)
320 GB Audio Drive(Seagate)
1.5TB Audio Drive (Seagate)
Mac O.S. Leopard 10.5-latest version
003 rack
Pro tools L.E. 8 CS3

Its all on internal drives which are dedicated audio drives. Actually on one drive (the seagate baracuda 320GB drive)

Obsidian Dragon 08-03-2009 04:35 PM

Did you set the number of processor cores to 1 less than the total avaiable? ie. If you have 4 cores, set it to 3, If you have 8 cores, set it to 7. This leaves one core available to handle some non realtime RTAS plugins.

protoolsuserman 08-04-2009 03:05 AM

Hi there

Yes I have done this, and with no luck.

I really have tired so many things. I am just wondering if it is the Mac Pro playing me up?

Rob :confused:

The Dougfather 08-04-2009 03:14 AM

You need to be 100% that your plugins are compatible with Pro Tools 8, even if they are not being used in a current session. Are any particular 3rd party plugs being used consistently throughout problematic sessions.

I would also try switching FW ports between the mac and the SIIG card, on our powermac G5 we have a very dodgy, slow port at the front.

smfelton 08-04-2009 03:30 AM

I have had this before when I have set the Buffer size very small to track some overdubs and forgotten to disable some of my plugins if i've been working with CPU close to limit when mixing.
What seems to happen is the CPU meter only show 5% as if it has scrolled round and this message pops up. Usually increasing buffer size or disabling some plugins fixes it for me.

protoolsuserman 08-04-2009 03:51 AM

Hi

I have the Digi 003 rack connected to the rear integrated firewire 400 port on the Mac Pro's Motherboard amd the Liquid Mix connected to the SIIG Firwire Card's firewire 400 port. I have nothing plugged in to the front of the Mac.

I have the Buffer set to 512 Samples. I have been getting slightly better results with 512 samples in the past few weeks, but am still getting these error messages quite frequently.

All of the plugins which I have added myself are 100% up to date. The only thing I have now ay of verifying is if the ones which came with pro Tools 8 are up to date?

But surely Digidesign wouldn't supply you with incompatible plugins?

Rob :confused:

ChuckS 08-04-2009 04:28 AM

If you haven't already, try disabling the firewire network adapters that are automatically created for each firewire port in the Network preference panel.

protoolsuserman 08-04-2009 04:37 AM

I have done that also. It was a system optimisation in the Mac optimisation guide sent to me via digidesign tech support.

:confused::confused::confused::confused: