Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   PT 8 with Avid Fibre Mgr 5.1 WILL NOT Open let me open Sessions! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=240389)

chanlon25 02-27-2009 04:25 PM

PT 8 with Avid Fibre Mgr 5.1 WILL NOT Open let me open Sessions!

HI - I recently updated from Pro Tools 7.4.2 to Pro Tools 8.0 (cs2) and whenever I open an old 7.4.2 session with Avid Fibre Manager 5.1 open, PT crashes. I can open a new session in PT 8 - but as soon as I import an OMF off of our Unity drives, PT will crash (assertion error / altura ports).

Any idea what's going on?

OSX 10.5.6 / G5 2x2.5 / Avid Unity 5.1 / Fibre Manager 5.1

chanlon25 03-02-2009 09:46 AM

Re: PT 8 with Avid Fibre Mgr 5.1 WILL NOT Open let me open Sessions!

To elaborate further - here are my specs:
G5 2 x 2.7
Mac OSX.5.6
PT 8.0cs2
Digi 192 - latest firmware
Sync I/O - latest firmware

Avid Unity Media Network FibreManager 5.1.2 (430)
ATTO Celerity FC-42XS (PCI X)

All my cards are in the slots approved by Avid. The issue becomes whenever I try to pull audio/ video from the drive (whether opening a session with an previously imported OMF or trying to import an OMF) I get the following error:

Could not complete the Open Session... comman because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/vb_protools_8.0_cpr_2/AturaPorts/Fic/MacBuild/.../Source/DiskScheduler/Volume/CDiskVolumeMacOS9.cpp", line 214.

In some cases, when I bring an OMF, PT immediately crashes.

This exact same set up worked fine with ProTools 7.4.2 c2 in the same push/pull scenario. Digi - any idea what's different with PT 8 to get this error?

In the meantime, I'll have to downgrade to 7.4.2cs2 to continue working with Avid Unity.

chanlon25 03-02-2009 11:08 AM

One other note: whenever I mount or unmount drives on Unity using Fibre Manager, I get the above error. This conflict seems project independent, since I have PTHD 8 open when mounting/ unmounting drives, but have no projects open.

DigiTechSupt 03-03-2009 09:41 AM

I don't have the specifics handy at the moment about what, exactly, is causing the issue, but I do know that we've logged it and a fix is being worked on. I'll try to get an estimated date for release of a fix, but can't guarantee that I'll be able to or even that it will be accurate, since several issues are usually rolled into any particular CS release.

chanlon25 03-03-2009 10:11 AM

Thank you so much for looking into this; we'll keep an eye out for the next CS to see if there's a fix. In the meantime, we'll keep on 7.4.2.

Thanks!