Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=328928)

djmichaelwenz 10-03-2012 06:31 PM

Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
This will be an easy one for someone... Trying to close sidebars aside from the arrangement window with a shortcut. I watched a video on shortcuts and the presenter used ctrl+alt or the equivalent on a mac. I am on windows. I can get the width of the mixer tracks to shrink with the key command but in the video it showed closing the track list and the groups as well as the audio files list with a shortcut... Any ideas?

soybalm 10-03-2012 10:22 PM

Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
I know you can use window configuration.

djmichaelwenz 10-04-2012 10:14 AM

Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
Thanks Soybalm. I will look in the shortcuts manual for that...Not sure what that means yet.

soybalm 10-04-2012 11:41 AM

Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
There's a great video on using window configs when using audiosuite and turning off the red target on the upper right hand corner of the plug in window so it doesn't update to a new selection. It's just an example of what can be done. Also your markers can be used to change window settings. numerical enter brings up a marker and you can select how the windows are arranged I do believe that is pretty cool but the key combo is like .1. .2. etc. It's not a combo but rather a succession of key hits to call up your windows. I have yet to start saving templates but a template will save all these settings so every time you start a new project you can open a template and much of your work will be done.
DC

djmichaelwenz 10-04-2012 09:32 PM

Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
Thanks as always Soybalm! But I think you are confused with what I am asking...Ya know the sidebar that has the visible tracks with the dot you can click to hide. I just am looking for a shortcut to open and close that....

soybalm 10-05-2012 01:21 AM

Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
Go to the window menu and create new window config while the track list and clip list are open. that will be untitled 1. Now close your track list and clip list, create new window config. this will be untitled 2.

Now press the number pad "enter" to create and open up the marker window. This will be marker "1".
Select tick off "none" in time properties. At the bottom of that marker window, you can select your ""untitled 1" in the Window Config line where it says none. Click and your window config will appear. Close and press enter again to create marker "2". Do the same thing. "none" for time and select untitled "2".

The shortcuts are the same regardless what the marker window does for you.

to open window config 1 with the list windows open, on the number pad, press the period, let go, press "1" let go, press period. to recall the other window, press period 2 period, one key at a time. It's a real quick move. This is assuming you have the number pad set to transport under preferences/operation. If it's in classic, just press period and the number.

This is an extremely powerful feature as well as the markers. I always mark off the choruses and verses. I don't find it too much of a bother to click the mouse to close the list windows. You can also save a minimal window, a window showing plugin's etc. Is this type of thoughtfulness that makes me work with this program.

DAWgEAR 03-15-2014 10:18 PM

Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
Press Alt (and then release) to access the menus, then press V to access the View Menu.

Then press O. Then press T.

This toggles the Track List. Replace T with C to toggle the Clip List on the right.

It is important that you not hold Alt while pressing V, etc. Press Alt and then release. Then press V, ...

Any other menu commands for which there is no direct keyboard shortcut can be accessed this way.

E.g. to open Preferences: Alt, then S, then N.

If you have a keyboard or mouse for which you can assign macros to keys (I use a Logitech gaming keyboard, mouse, and gamepad), you can make these one-key shortcuts.

Have fun!

albee1952 03-17-2014 12:40 PM

Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
or click on the tiny arrow at/near the lower left corner:o

priorytools 12-07-2021 08:51 AM

Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAWgEAR (Post 2141310)
Press Alt (and then release) to access the menus, then press V to access the View Menu.

Then press O. Then press T.

This toggles the Track List. Replace T with C to toggle the Clip List on the right.

It is important that you not hold Alt while pressing V, etc. Press Alt and then release. Then press V, ...

Any other menu commands for which there is no direct keyboard shortcut can be accessed this way.

E.g. to open Preferences: Alt, then S, then N.

If you have a keyboard or mouse for which you can assign macros to keys (I use a Logitech gaming keyboard, mouse, and gamepad), you can make these one-key shortcuts.

Have fun!

Hi DAWgEAR.

I too am looking to create shortcuts or key commends to open & close the tracks list/groups list & the clip list. .

I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow your instructions above . . ?
Are they for creating shortcuts in the Mac preferences/keyboard/shortcuts ?

I would really appreciate some help in setting up these open close shortcuts .
Best regards . .
Josh

albee1952 12-07-2021 09:08 AM

Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by priorytools (Post 2621652)
Hi DAWgEAR.

I too am looking to create shortcuts or key commends to open & close the tracks list/groups list & the clip list. .

I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow your instructions above . . ?
Are they for creating shortcuts in the Mac preferences/keyboard/shortcuts ?

I would really appreciate some help in setting up these open close shortcuts .
Best regards . .
Josh

Read the manual(Help files) on how to show/hide the Tracks List and Clips List.
Or, click on the tiny arrow at/near the lower left corner. How much shorter than a single mouse click do you need?:o

priorytools 12-07-2021 09:35 AM

Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2621662)
Read the manual(Help files) on how to show/hide the Tracks List and Clips List.
Or, click on the tiny arrow at/near the lower left corner. How much shorter than a single mouse click do you need?:o

DAVE.
With all due respect, that's not really very helpful. . In the manual, which I am looking at right now, I can find no other way of show/hide clips list other than the little button, oh, or going up into the views menu.
Am I missing something ? Is there a a key command already?
In answer to your "one mouse click" question, when ones hands are on faders mixing, a key command or button press is so much more useful than a mouse click. .

albee1952 12-07-2021 12:12 PM

Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
No disrespect is taken and none was intended. It actually was helpful as now you know that A-there is no shortcut. And B-a solution(even though it wasn't what you hoped for). Many of my suggestions may seem obvious or elementary, but many come here with little to no knowledge and I try to offer solutions for all levels of experience:D

Now here is a solution you may not have considered. You can save Windows configurations and save them on your marker list(but not on the Marker Lane). Doing this allows for keyboard show/hide of anything you like, including the Tracks list by using the numeric keypad. I have my "usual" view saved as "location" 50 and my Tracks and Clips lists open in "location" 51. So, on the numeric keys, I can hit .50. to show my usual view(both lists closed) and hit .51. to show both lists. I also went digging and I concur that there is no other/existing shortcut. That leaves us with the location method, or the mouse click:-). For those with short keyboards(missing the numeric keypad), I highly recommend adding a USB keypad(they are cheap and those keys come in really handy);)

priorytools 12-08-2021 05:36 AM

Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2621687)
No disrespect is taken and none was intended. It actually was helpful as now you know that A-there is no shortcut. And B-a solution(even though it wasn't what you hoped for). Many of my suggestions may seem obvious or elementary, but many come here with little to no knowledge and I try to offer solutions for all levels of experience:D

Now here is a solution you may not have considered. You can save Windows configurations and save them on your marker list(but not on the Marker Lane). Doing this allows for keyboard show/hide of anything you like, including the Tracks list by using the numeric keypad. I have my "usual" view saved as "location" 50 and my Tracks and Clips lists open in "location" 51. So, on the numeric keys, I can hit .50. to show my usual view(both lists closed) and hit .51. to show both lists. I also went digging and I concur that there is no other/existing shortcut. That leaves us with the location method, or the mouse click:-). For those with short keyboards(missing the numeric keypad), I highly recommend adding a USB keypad(they are cheap and those keys come in really handy);)

Ok. Thanks for your reply Dave.
That's all very time consuming. .
I have just achieved my goal.
I have assigned F11 to open & close the tracks/groups list & F12 to open & close the track list. .
It was remarkably simple.
Of course I now notice this thread is in the Windows area of Pro Tools software. .
Anyway. .
Have a cool Yule. .

albee1952 12-08-2021 07:00 AM

Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by priorytools (Post 2621764)
Ok. Thanks for your reply Dave.
That's all very time consuming. .
I have just achieved my goal.
I have assigned F11 to open & close the tracks/groups list & F12 to open & close the track list. .
It was remarkably simple.
Of course I now notice this thread is in the Windows area of Pro Tools software. .
Anyway. .
Have a cool Yule. .

Most excellent! It actually doesn't take any time at all if you build it into templates, but your solution is equally dandy. Happy Holidays:D

abc1mce2 01-31-2022 06:21 PM

Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?
 
Windows configuration has been my method since I saw its uses on a Groove 3 video years ago. I used it in Windows and now I use it in macOS. It's part of my workflow.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:22 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com