Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   No Sound from Speakers (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=179677)

JaRu 10-17-2006 06:36 AM

No Sound from Speakers

I have everything plugged up and configured correctly on the MBox 2. I get sound from my headphones but I get absolutely nothing from the speaker outputs. I initially had sound but when I restarted the computer, I haven't heard anything since.

spkguitar 10-17-2006 06:44 AM

Re: No Sound from Speakers

What speakers? Where do you have them plugged in?

JaRu 10-17-2006 08:37 AM

I have them plugged into the surround speakers on my DVD receiving system. They worked briefly but stopped when I restarted my computer, and hasn't played since.

spkguitar 10-17-2006 08:51 AM

DVD receiving system? I'm not sure what you're talking about there...

You would need to plug in some sort of monitoring system directly from the mbox.

mbox output -> powered studio monitors

or

mbox output -> amplifier -> passive studio monitors

or (I think this is what you are trying to do)

mbox output -> home receiver -> speakers

JaRu 10-17-2006 08:57 AM

It's a DVD player. It is also a receiver for a home stereo system.

spkguitar 10-17-2006 09:08 AM

Then:

mbox output -> home receiver -> speakers

I'm assuming it has RCA inputs, so you will have to have converter cables to go from the 1/4" mbox outputs to the RCA inputs on the receiver.

JaRu 10-17-2006 09:20 AM

That's the problem, the cables are connected with the adapters from RCA to 1/4, I have the receiver on the correct (video) channel and I can hear the headphones on the MBox, but there is still no sound from the stereo speakers.

spkguitar 10-17-2006 09:45 AM

What program are you trying to monitor? Pro Tools? Are you running the demo session? What sounds are you running through it?

If you are trying to monitor anything except Pro Tools, you need to follow the instructions in wither the Wavedriver Usage Guide or the ASIO Usage Guide, depending on what driver the program you are using needs.

Windows sounds use the Wavedriver, but it is recommended to turn off windows sounds when using Pro TOols.

JaRu 10-17-2006 12:01 PM

I'm am using Pro Tools LE 7.0 which I set up last week. I have a midi keyboard and a microphone running through it.

spkguitar 10-17-2006 12:14 PM

To what position is your mix knob set?

Can you detail what it is you are doing exactly? It's hard to tell you where you're going wrong, when we don't know precisely what you're doing.