Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Strange Behavior on Long Delay Compensation (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=113389)

rnt_u_listnng 08-13-2004 07:17 PM

Strange Behavior on Long Delay Compensation

I have an HD3 with a core card, an Accel card and a process card. I have a session which takes up all the slots on the core card, all the slots on the accel and a couple of slots on the process card when the playback engine is 2 DSPs and 48 voices at short delay compensation.

When I switch to Long Delay compensation, the system leaves the last 4-6 slots (depending on if I change the DSP/Voice count) on the process card unused and reports insufficient DSP (Error 7077) to load the last 5 or so plugs. I can see that I have 4-6 DSP chips left. Why is the system telling me that I have none and refusing to load these last plugs.

Any help is appreciated.

John

rnt_u_listnng 08-17-2004 06:46 PM

Re: Strange Behavior on Long Delay Compensation

Is no one else seeing this happen on their systems? It is actually 7 slots on the process card that the system refuses to use when Long Delay compensation is enabled. The card passes Digitest and uses these slots when short delay is turned on. I am working at 96kHz.

Anyone? Digi?

Thanks for any help.

John

DigiTechSupt 08-17-2004 09:48 PM

Hi,

How many tracks are in the session? What kinds of plug-ins are you using? It takes more it takes more DSP when you switch to "Long”. Working at 96k also requires more DSP it is possible that you are legitimately running out of DSP. Give us some more details about the session and we can take it from there,
Thanks,
Digidesign Tech Support

roberts 08-18-2004 09:51 AM

You should also make sure that you have the newest PI versions as well. If your mixing Process and Accel cards certain plug-ins need to be at the top of the session it's a bit of a shell game. Kinda reminds me of the old days when we had a mix of Mix and Vintage DSP farms.

rnt_u_listnng 08-18-2004 08:41 PM

Thanks for the response!

Roberts: All of the plugs I have are the latest version. The ProTools is 6.4 cs7. We are very particular about staying up to date. Thanks for the thought though. The Mac OS is 10.3.4.

Digi:

The session consists of 33 audio tracks+6 deactivated audio tracks+23 aux tracks + 1 main fader with the following plugs:

1 - Click
2 - Analog Channel 1
1 - Analog Channel 2
2 - Drawmer Gate
1 - Signal Generator
5 - Sony Oxford EQ
3 - Massenburg Design Works EQ
3 - McDSP Compressor Bank
1 - Reverb One
1 - Dverb
1 - H949
2 - Wanves RenEQ
3 - Waves Compressor
2 - Waves Compact Rennaissance Reverb
1 - Waves L2
4 - Outboard pieces

The final seven slots on the process card are left empty on the Process Card according to the Activity Window while all of the slots on the core and the Accel cards are used to some extent. The last 5 plugs in the session are not loaded - H949, Analog Channel, RenComp, Waves Rverb and L2. Each of these plugs will run on a Process chip at 96k - I have done it before.

I am using 2 chips for the mixers with 48 voices but have tried as many as 4 chips with no change.

Hope you can find the problem. I seem to have a knack for finding unusual bugs.

Thanks for the help guys.

John