Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   ok still i have static what can i do (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=108590)

streets 06-15-2004 09:28 PM

ok still i have static what can i do

i installed the windows xp sp1 and still static what do ya'll think i can do a bout this

i have

windows xp with 1.20 ghz
80 g.b hard drive
512mb ram
sony vaio studio cpu

tele_player 06-15-2004 09:57 PM

Re: ok still i have static what can i do

Is there static at all buffer settings?
Did you try a powered hub?

JustMe 06-15-2004 10:43 PM

streets...

i wanna...push your button...

but...i shouldn't...

IntelDoc 06-16-2004 05:37 AM

ight I will.... (SUPREME, STREETS or whatever your name is today)

Exchange it for a new M-Box.... Try a new USB cable. R.T.F.M. You have been asking the same ??? for the last 2 weeks and used 2 different names to do so, one that ticked a couple guys off (including me) in the process with one earlier named post, and still to no prevail you have issues.

I hardly ever go negative on guys here, and you can ask anyone on this, but you really need provide details and try to explain it a bit better.

"I am still getting static what should I do?" does not help

Maybe you should take the unit back to where you bought it and try it on their system. They should offer support. If they do not then contact Digi and let them know, but the vendor should offer support. Test it on a completely different system.... If it does the same thing there, boom you have systematically figured it out. YOUR MBOX IS BAD! Get a new one!

Add a bit of details to your Arnold "One Liner" Questions.... please!

All I have.... "Mr. 40K...."

- Doc

Chris Cavell 06-16-2004 06:21 AM

Try installing updated drivers for the hard disk controllers. If you are using the latest ones and you still get static, try to find an older one. If you can't, try the generic ide drivers included with windows instead of the hardware maker specific drivers. Disable any devices you don't need (like extra usb ports, sound cards, game ports, etc.) from the bios if able to do so. Any you can't disable from the bios, disable in the device manager. If you still get static...try a powered usb hub. If that doesn't work, try a different m-box. If that doesn't fix it, get a different puter.

spkguitar 06-16-2004 06:32 AM

streets, can you post a sample of the noise you're getting? I'd like to hear.

Also, what model is your Sony Vaio? Some of the Vaio PCs have SiS chipsets which are not compatible with ProTools.